Creature Isle boots to black screen then crashes

Cable

Hello all,

I'm new to this community but a massive fan of BW1 and BW2, those games are very special to me. I lost hope in ever being able to play them again. However thanks to this community not only can I enjoy the game but so can my son. Thanks again to everyone involved with this community.

Windows 10 64

Ok now thats out of the way. I successfully installed installed BW1 and all patches. I also installed creature isle successfully. I tested it after install and creature isle booted up and ran fine. Then I went on to tinkering with my save games which where not working right. After solving my issues with my save games I go to try creature isle again and it boots to a black screen then just crashes out.

I have tried re installing everything, I tried running setup as admin for both base game and CI. I tried removing profiles, or making more progress in the base game. I tried adjusting resolution settings and all to no avail. I cannot seem to figure out why creature isle won't run. Both the 3dsafesetup and setup run fine. No matter what I change in the set up I get the same result from Creature Isle.

Please any help is much appreciated.

Think it has to do with the patches on the first game. I don't know. I remember having CI on my laptop (don't think i'd patched the base) and ran fine (after a few hoops) but the first game didn't boot up, but was able to install base game.

But now on my new computer, have the first game going with all but the 1.3 something patch, and runs flawlessly but CI works but the texture/graphics is fixed to low and missing pieces of the map and models. Just unplayable.

Gunna try to set the game up without the patches and instill base game with CI. See if there is a any changes.

If i get her running, Ill let you know.

I just got CI installed.

Re-installed from scratch B&W
Installed CI
Patched B&W with all Official Patches and the FanPatch
Installed CI NoCD Patch.

Tell me exactly what error you are getting.

I don't have an error on CI on my end.
Just bad graphics. The game runs just missing textures.
Gunna try again tonight with few beers and start all over from scratch as well.

Had to beat the first game before doing that XD. Haven't got to do that when i was younger. Quite difficult I've notice lol.

Able to get it going pretty well on my laptop and still have it to this day. Know its possible, forgot what i did.

Having paid more attention, my CI also has very bad textures.  Like during game cut-scenes, the faces of the population are barely recognizable, whereas the original game had better textures.

It seems CI shares the same settings as the original game.  I'm not sure of the copy protection on CI, but some of them make the game look like crap or play like crap for anyone pirating the game.  It is possible this is what is happening, as NoCD cracks did not deal with the problem.

Yea thats the problem i'm seeing my end on CI.

Could be thats its sharing the setting with each other from the other game. I only had the game running fine with only 1.10 and 1.20 from base game on my laptop. Didn't bother with 1.41 fan patch. Worked great with no texture issuses. But can't get it to work on the desktop the same way.

Then again, laptop was using my own cd, I can't quite use that with the desktop unfortunately. Could be why. Guessing the cracks aint up to date?

Having looked into this and dgVooDoo2, it appears to be a memory issue for graphics accelerators above 128mb VRAM.

I worked with the dgVooDoo2 drivers and got CI working with better textures, but the mouse is not clicking inside the game window.  Thus, I was unable to work the game with the drivers active.

Back