Conversation with Dom (the Lionhead Creature designer)

Discipol

Elder
When the Xfire chat was on I was pleased to talk to Dom (the Lionhead Creature designer) and I managed to ask him some questions about the game. He was in a hurry so he couldn't say much about the whole project, as Creatures being his expertise. This is the filtered log:

***Start of Conversation***

Discipol: there was a totem in some pics
Discipol: with miracles...

Dom: right
Dom: that was an old concept shot as far as I know
Dom: I believe that was in a Norse village?

Discipol: with an ape

Dom: that was before I joined, but I believed the problem was selecting things vertically didn't work well, so instead we have an altar that has the miracles laid out horizontally

Discipol: why is the cow smiling?

Dom: it can frown as well, but I found most people like petting their cow so much it is normally happy :D

Discipol: oh...

Dom: It can get angry, and if you have an evil cow it is really really mean looking:)

Discipol: do you teach the creature the same ?
Discipol: and how many leashes are there

Dom: as in BW1?

Discipol: yes

Dom: it is similar, although it is improved.  And there are 5 leashes

Discipol: nice + evil + learn + ? + ?

Dom: nope, it is done by job
Dom: freewill, builder, gatherer, entertain and ... soldier:D

Discipol: What happens to your creature after it is defeated?

Dom: your creature, well, it stays dead for a while.  Then, if you are still in control of your town then it will respawn at home (In its pen)
Dom: it will be tired and low on energy so will need to rest before it can fight again

Discipol: great idea with the hearts and the last combo !!!

Dom: Oh, right.  Yeah, it has a finisher move :)

Discipol: does it use mana?

Dom: no, no mana as such, or at least not that you can see. 
Dom: It is limited as to how often it can cast spells, but it chooses when to anyway

Discipol: there is a pic wherer a lion casts fire ball but it is only a pic :(((
Dom: the miracles are impressive.  I'm not sure what videos we are planning on releasing though.

***End of Conversation***

Move this to news please. Some reputation might be nice  :blush
Please pay the fee to the secretary on youre way out. :woot

This seems fine in B&W Discussion.  People already know about XFire.  Nice log though :;): .

These informations are valuble so.......How about it? can I have a piece of 3,141593.... ?:laugh:
Seriously...can;t u put this in the main page?:p

Back