computer crash when playing bw 2

itdr

hi!

i just started a new game in bw  2 (not botg), on my laptop with win 7 64 bit, using the two patches and the fan patch. after 2 minutes the coputer crushed and turned off. i tried again, and it happen again. now i'm afraid to try...

did it happen to anyon else? maybe it got something to do with the fact that i changed the resolution to 1280X720 32-bit (i just hate this 4:3 view.. :) )?

what can i do? thanks!

I play on 1680 x 1050 W !0 without any problems. My game is patched with both official patches I never needed the "fan patch" as my pc/graphics card set up never needed it.
4 computers and 6 Graphics cards with os from Vista to W10.

The patch is considered a last resort option that may make some older G/cards behave but in practice it causes more problems than it fixes.

Uninstall
OPTIONAL Clean Registry
Install B&W2 , Patch 1.1  Then  1.2

Select screen resolution and detail in the game.

I would expect you to be able to max out both but  be prepared  to cut  back if your  frame rate drops to below 30.
Modern pc's  have tended to go for more cores but B&W2  can only use  one, so the speed of a single core can be a limiting factor.

thanx! i will try this later this week...

when i installed the game, i installed the 2 patches, but the game wont even open (even with admin rights). the only way i made it work, was with the fan patch..

can i expect different results if i use the settings you suggested?

allright, just tried it now..

by only installing the game and the patches, i simply cannot open the game.
it won't start, and it won't show up in the task manager..

Back