compiling scripts using 00din's B&W2 Script Tool - Beta

ejonesss

i just installed .net 3.5 and 00din's B&W2 Script Tool - Beta and i opened a challenge file Land1Challenges.txt witch lists all the challenges

i modified the Land1RockMan.txt challenge and when i tried compiling i get "./script/CHL.txt"not found

then i found while reading some old stuff that clicking "use db" helps

now i am getting that land1.chl not found when indeed land1.chl  is right there in the scripts folder.

what am i doing wrong?

is this the compiler's way of saying it cant be replaced

update1:  i found a sample challenge script that was complete enough to see the compiler work.

also i overlooked the bw2text.bin unfortunately when i put that in the compiler folder it causes the compiler to crash

i suspect there are some missing files that lionhead did not include or alot has changed in windows since time of compiler creation.

i am running xp pro version 2002 service pack 3

unfortunately i am unable to send an error log since it does not allow copying the screen

update2: i just discovered that ogam (of gods and mortals) serdan made or hosted a scripting tool (filesize different) sorry i was running serdan's ogam scripting tool witch could be key to the crashing since it was designed for ogam and botg.

update3: i am stuck now since i am still getting crashes with the bw2text.bin in place and file not found without the bw2text.bin in place and same goes for using use db or not.

i got the tools in the script compiler folder

i guess modifying and compiling the existing scripts cant be done since lionhead does not include the correct files

final update for this topic:  i got the compiler working.

it seems as the instructions was not right and i found some better instructions that made it easier for me to compile a basic scvript

Back