Column & wishing well skinning help.

zevelkren

I'm in the process of trying to change the look of the column & wishing well, I've come to find that the images for both are pieced together. EX: part of the wishing well is in the amphitheatre & market images. I changed nearly every greek image but I still can't seem to find what I need to finish the look:

bw2.png

I'm really hoping someone here knows, this is driving me mad. With my luck I'm probably looking right at every time I search for it in DDS Converter. >_<
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Would making all of the Greek textures a blank, black image help? This should let you know if you're looking in the right place. If you still see some texture on the well or column, that tells you that part of the texture for these is not in the 'Greek'-labeled files. Additionally, you could begin replacing the textures one at a time and see which one removes the solid black color on the two.

edit: Or the better solution.. open the model file in a text or hex editor and look for the string "dds". This should show you all of the material/texture files referenced by the model. I think this model file is in Data\Art\models\m_greek_embellishmentcolumn.bwm and m_greek_embellishmentwell.bwm.

-ego533

ego533 said:
edit: Or the better solution.. open the model file in a text or hex editor and look for the string "dds". This should show you all of the material/texture files referenced by the model. I think this model file is in Data\Art\models\m_greek_embellishmentcolumn.bwm and m_greek_embellishmentwell.bwm.

-ego533

A better solution indeed, this worked greatly. Turns out I was missing t_greek_amphitheatre_1_neut_.dds & t_greek_amphitheatre_1_good_.dds.
Many thanks for helping me solve this problem.  :upside

Back