colour i a map?

richi2007

i can a make a landscap easy but the problem is making look like a landscap, i want the mountain's to look like mountain's instead of a map what is nothing but nice grass or a square box with a rocky texture.
changeing the block contries with surveyor is hard and one block at a time plus you cant tell what you are painting!! with a birds eye view you might aswell be using the 2d co-ords finder can someone help me with this because its doing my head in :banghead  :banghead

Its in the help file. Default location is:
C:\BWSurveyor\Helpfiles\editor.html

it just tells you how to paint using it,but i now how to paint with it but its the block byblock bit i cant get round and the birds eye view, i dont no what iv painted till i leave the paint bit, is there a programme that lest you paint a landscap without the block by block and in 3d?

Controls

The viewing edition of BWSurveyor is not very difficult to use, so i will try to keep this short but mention all the not so obvious features.

Controls & Moving Around:
There are two ways for moving around. The first is to use the mouse only. The second is to use the keyboard. Note that the zooming in and out (ie focusing in on an object and changing the distance) function has not yet been implemented, since it requires some programming, but it will be implemented in a future version.

Mouse Controls
The mouse controls work a little like in Black and White.

If you move the crosshair to the left side of the 3d landscape screen, you will get an arrow, which looks like the one in Black and White. If you then hold in the left mouse button and move the mouse down, the screen will rotate clockwise. If you move the mouse upwards, you rotate the screen anticlockwise.

If you move the cross hair to the bottom or top of the 3d landscape screen, you will get an arrow which looks like an up and down arrow. If you then hold in the left mouse button and move the mouse up, the screen will decrease its angle with the landscape, thus moving the screen closer to the landscape. If you instead move the mouse down, you will increase the angle between the landscape and the camera, thus moving the screen further away from the landscape. The down action is recommended to be used with the top side, and the up action is recommended to be used with the bottom side.

The last function is moving around the landscape without changing any angles. This works like in BW as well. If you hold down the left mouse button, you can drag yourself around the landscape, like with the hand in Black and White.

Summary:
Left mouse button held in + at side of screen + move down = clockwise rotation
Left mouse button held in + at side of screen + move up = anti-clockwise rotation
Left mouse button held in + at the top of screen + move up = camera to landscape level
Left mouse button held in + at the top of screen + move down = camera higher than before
Left mouse button held in + at the bottom of screen + move up = camera to landscape level
Left mouse button held in + at the bottom of screen + move down = camera higher than before
Left mouse button held in + dragging across the landscape = moving around landscape without changing any angles.

Keyboard Controls
The keyboard controls have been added for the people that don't like using the mouse, or like using both of them. They are:

moving camera forward = w
moving camera backwards = s
moving camera right = d
moving camera left = a
rotation right = e
rotation left = q
moving camera close to the ground = r
moving camera away from the ground = f

For the more advanced users, if you open BWSurveyor.settings.xml (which is in the main installer directory, which is, by default, c:\BWSurveyor), you can easily find the tags where you can customise the controls.

If you have any comments about the controls, please e-mail us or post a message on the Temple of Intelligence forums on the suggestions board.

i now how to move about and make a landscap and add montains and stuff  but when all you can see is (the pik below) how can you tell if you are adding a mountain texture to a hill, mountain or flat bit of land

yes but if the mountain is 3 blocks wide and goes of in a few others how do you now from that view were the moutain ends or starts.</font>

not on that screen... That is just a pic of that one block...</font>

but thats were you change the texture and thats what im talking about, i could be looking at half a hill there but you wouldent no it from that.

Use the wire button to choose what you look at....

i now where it is and what its do's but it dont help on the block texture screen when it dosnt show the block in a wire frame only the texture from a birds eye view

i didnt now it had a thing to change the texture of the land, i thouht it could only change the 3d mesh of the land?

Yeah ur right. It doesn't work on my computer :(  so I wasnt sure.

what do you do when you start a map from scratch and when it comes to changeing the texture of the land like puting snow on a mountain side or grass on a plateau because iv got a big map with lots of hills and mountains but the entire land is green and nothing but

lol,         i just found that eden project alows you to change the texture block by block but you can see the change in real time in the other screen!!!!!!!!!  but i dont think it has as much diversity in textures as suveyor</font>

Dont Worrie chaps and chap'ets i got me a plan to make things simple just give me a hour or four and imight have a time saveing simple'ish plan to make the texture landscap thing easyer.....to a point

Edit::: alright this great plan of mine isnt going aswell and qwick as it should but in a few days i should be able to get it better just have to do it once and every time after gets easyer and easyer so, its all bout what comes first and after!!!!</font>

Back