co-ordinates in 3d ?

richi2007

hello again, is it just me but when using black and white express map editor does the 3d co-ordinate finder not work ?? because its ok-ish to use the 2d one but the 3d view would be more precies to the eye of the editor.

is this just a bug in mine or is it just like that and is there another 3d co-ord's finder that can be used?

Hi again. :)

For coordinates, try using BWSurveyor.

cheers for the advice, i use it but i got ust to clicking and the co-ord's staying on the screen, il get ust to it i spose.

cheers for the replys :)

I think you can right click and press copy coords and paste it into another program...

It's been a quite while since I've used it, but there is a way to copy the coodinates from BWSurveyor to the ExpresMapEditor. This is the only way to get the coordinates on a custom landscape. It's also more accurate.

it worked thanks for that, that realy helped me out there i think i got all the basics down now on how to make a map from start to finish im currently changing the landscap of land three it should look realy good when im done plus the right trees in the right places always adds a touch of perfection not all the way but looks good.

if you now a less stressfull way of puting in meny trees on a map let us now  :laugh:

thanks again :D

is it in the downloads for map editing?
you guys are like master's of black and white, do you now why when you make a town spell like    CREATE_NEW_TOWN_SPELL(0, "HEAL_PU1")    it dosnt actully make the heal increase it makes the normal heal, has it somthing to do with if you are good or evil or how much you use it?

Here's something both of you might find interesting. I was looking back at a conversation I had with BattleF08 while they were working on BWEruption. I thought it had something to do with the discussion above, but instead it was pertaining to a tool which Lenny had written. It's not for public release but I don't think he'll mind me sharing it with you. Also here a part of the conversation with BattleF08 on how to use it.
BattleF08: The program has a feature named monitor. pressing the button will open a new window. this is the most useful tool
When you're watching a landscape BWSurveyor there's a feature to copy coordinats. The monitor then makes a codeline with the coordinates. the standard codeline is for trees but you can alter it into whichever codeline you want
Then in BWSurveyor you can copy like 50 coordinates and you automatically get 50 codelines with those coordinates
Very useful for placing multiple objects:)

Me: So it's not only for trees

BattleF08: No, in the monitor feature you can change the codeline it uses into everything you want. When you start it the standard codeline is CREATE_NEW_TREE(1, "POSITION", RND, -1, 97.80226, 1.3297, 2.3945) But you can change in to the codeline of a house for example, as long you keep the "POSITION" part where to coordinates should go so the program can change the coordinates to what you cope in Surveyor

Intresting... I snatched this one while I had the chance.  :p

Edit: Wow! You can't stop me from using this great thing!!!!

is it in the downloads for map editing?
you guys are like master's of black and white, do you now why when you make a town spell like    CREATE_NEW_TOWN_SPELL(0, "HEAL_PU1")    it dosnt actully make the heal increase it makes the normal heal, has it somthing to do with if you are good or evil or how much you use it?

Try adding a normal heal also...</font>

now that sounds usfull gotta give this a try, nice one for that, you guys are great iv been in other forums but not for long becaus ethe people arnt helpfull and would rather tack the pi$$ instead of help if i new about this site when i started to edit i wouldnt of stoped when i did :)

Edit:::::::: I am shocked and amazed at how meny lines came up with diffrent co-ords when i pressed go it was like  :shocked:  :woot:  :shocked:  :woot:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :woot:  :shocked:  :bowdown</font>

I think it's other feature workes well too...

that would have tacken sooo long in real time to do all that and again i thank you

edit::::: sorry if i tack a while to reply i dont no enything new has been posted till i refesh the page or im editing something</font>

There is a way to get an e-mail when a relply is sent.

Thanks, I'm glad to see that there are still people interested in mapping. :)

Edit:

I'm slow in keeping up with this topic also. :blush
If you Click on the track this Topic link at the top of the page you should get an email for each reply.

yer but i havnt got an programe to tell me when i get 1 i have to check my self(i didnt now it went to a second page :laugh: ) but ima gonna go get 1 cos i think i may need it!

Editi::::::I love changing things its the tools what are needed i think just to get the people into the swing of things!</font>

That program pwns!!!!! :p
Edit: Woooooooow.... I have over 900 posts... I haven't been spamming, have I? :lol:</font>

pwns???? i dont get it? but i tack it, its GOOD

edit::::::33 in three days / \ /</font>

Back