Cant patch the game / Cant start it

glax

hello i really need help running this game i tried every possible solution none of them worked. the problem is when i go to patch it it says that i dont have the correct game version to install that patch or something like that and the thing is i can open the game it enters and gets to the loading screen and then just shuts down without error or anything it just exits the game by itself i tried cleaning the registry by looking for "Lionhead Studios Ltd" and deleting all those registry and re-installing the game but no luck and i think i played this game like a year ago or something like that and i really dont know how does it not works now please someone help me i hope someone will read this and just put me out of this misery  :( if i can provide you with more info please ask me ill answer as soon as possible thank you very much in advance

EDIT: I managed to patch it now the problem is i cant run the game it says "The procedure entry point ?InitialiseLHDebugStack@@QBEHXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Games\runblack.exe."
are the problems ever gonna stop -.-

THE STEPS I TOOK THAT MANAGED TO SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS I / YOU MIGHT HAD or STILL HAVE

1.downloaded brand new game again from the same source
2. downloaded all the patches and all that once again
3. made new folder not in program files C:\Games\BW1 NO SPACES AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS!
4. installed the game in that folder
5. installed 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 patch and then you can install all the other patches football etc. dont install 1.3 its useless

and i think thats it and if you already installed game brfore try to remove all existing files of it im not sure if that has something to do with my game working at last :D after 2 days searching for answer :D

glax said:
NO SPACES AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS!

Yes, I discovered same.  Official Patches glitch when trying to install on Windows 10 64-bit due to special character in the directory name.

I also created a "Legacy" folder and disabled inheritance and forced child objects to accept inheritance.  Installed the game in "C:\Legacy\Black-N-White\".

Works like a charm now.

I just installed BW1 and all patches without any issues at all on windows 10 64. Everything runs. Only issue I ran into is with creature isle.

Back