Can't Install Creature Isle or Patches - Win 10

Weiss

Hi everyone!
I'd like to pick up this game again after so many years but I ran into a problem. I can install and play the game no problem on Windows 10... But I can't install Creature Isle or any of the patches. I get a message saying "You must install Black & White to run this patch". When I want to uninstall the game isn't recognised by the system either under programs.

I've been looking around and I only found one person with the same problem. According to them:

Creature island has 2 security checks to ensure that the base game is installed, it looks for the file Allmeshes.g3d in the Data folder and the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E51B4CD9-A0A6-4324-B26A-31B3F2DE26CE}\LogFile in x86 or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E51B4CD9-A0A6-4324-B26A-31B3F2DE26CE\LogFile in x86-64. if it cannot find either of these things it throws up an error.

I don't seem to have a log file and I'm unsure how to go on...

Thanks in advance!

I can install Black & White and it works with fan patch 1.41 on my Windows 10 PC. I can't however get Creature Isle to run as Handsome Matt or anyone else has not made an unofficial fan patch yet. The wait goes on....

Yeah I would love to get creature isle to work. Just gives me errors.

It sounds like this problem has been cropping up recently and I wouldn't know how to fix it, unfortunately, as I didn't run into any such problems on a Windows 10 machine. Installing the Patches and Creature Isle went smoothly, and arguably Creature Isle has been even more stable for me than the base game with the fan patch installed.

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on your post.  I'm having a similar issue with the base Black & White game.  I cannot patch it.  Did you find a solution?

Uninstall the game completely.

Re-install the game using a different name without the default (&) sign in the game.  (The official patches glitch out on 64-bit systems with the & sign in the directory name.)

I created a "C:\Legacy\Black-N-White\" folder and adjusted folder attributes to disable inheritance as well as all other attributes, such as indexing.  Official patches work after the name is changed.

Back