BW2 Specs

So far there has been no official word as to specs. The closest being a comment by PM about being able to play it with PC's which were available a year ago.

I though you were going to upgrade? ???

they said something about the specs being close to those of Half Life 2.

And what are the specs for Half Life 2? ???

I think it was in a video or something, but i remember him saying that if you can run HL2 you can most likely run BnW2

Minimum System Configuration

* 1.2 GHz Processor
   * 256MB RAM
   * DirectX 7 capable graphics card
   * Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
   * Mouse
   * Keyboard

Preferred System Configuration

* 2.4 GHz Processor
   * 512MB RAM
   * DirectX 9 capable graphics card
   * Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
   * Mouse
   * Keyboard

My comp seems to meet the requirements...since i just downloaded directX 9c....

Wow,  I can play Half Life 2.  I like the game but didn't think it would work for me.  I do have a moderate graphics card and only 512 RAM though.  XP takes some RAM away.

They look pretty right Kazar - can't see it being any more than that

Check the update in the FAQ's, folks  :O.

Might just have to buy a new computer to get it looking that bit prettier on full ;).

Yeah, I have been talking about upgrading for quite some time. :D

But...every time I look at news about the game, I wonder if the game has become too complex for me to play.  The civilization building elements look kind of involved, and it would be a bummer to invest in buying the game and upgrades only to find out that I can't play the game!  :help

Eventually, you will have to upgrade if you want to play the newer games.

Anybody know if 506mb of ram will do it???? cause im not vry good at computers so plz could  i know cos than if it does work woohooo if it doesnt than im gonna be  :(

Well, without having the game, it's difficult to see how efficiently it's going to run. Your 506 MB exceeds what they're calling for in the minimum spec. Theoretically, you should be fine. Keep in mind that while RAM is important, it comes down to other components of your system as well.

We started talking more about RAM on this thread for your reference. With the way games are being written today, you can never have too much RAM IMHO.

:woot yes im gonna be playing black and white 2 :yourock:

thankyou alpha beta i can now pre-order a copy of black and white 2 thankyou so much!!

Don't worry Mary, I get that feeling whenever I play a new game but it turns out ok once I get into it :)

I think 506 should be ok. It probably is 512. :)

I was browsing FilePlanet for some game demo's and I came across this.

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

At that site, you can see if your system can run a specific program.
What it does
System Requirements Lab looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes is it a simple free software download and sometimes it is a link to a product such as the right video card.
For more information check their FAQ's

Black & White 2 is listed.

Thought I wasn't going to pass.. but I did.  Actually passed the recommended by a lot in everything except Video Card... :(

Hope that helps some of the people out there wondering if they will be able to run B&W2

Back