BW2 Specs

yea i passed well i passed the minimum anyway whay!!!
but i didnt pass the recommended i will probably need a upgrade to get reccomended

The only thing that bothers me about the BW2 requirements is WinXP... I've been running on Win98 since '98, and have no idea where to get a copy without spending an absurd amount of money on a legal disc/code...

Might as well ask around at work, as DL is out of the question, and I'd like to be able to play BW2 when it arrives, not a month after.

Cord said:
I was browsing FilePlanet for some game demo's and I came across this.

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

At that site, you can see if your system can run a specific program.For more information check their FAQ's

Black & White 2 is listed.

Thought I wasn't going to pass.. but I did.  Actually passed the recommended by a lot in everything except Video Card... :(

Hope that helps some of the people out there wondering if they will be able to run B&W2

Thanks! Rep for you!  :)

My bro is the computer guy i have one but mine sucks. so im gonna play it on his comp anywa were gonna share the game. We are gonna play half and half.

my bro used to having a go at me for asking or trying to play a game that wouldnt
run on mine gosh hes got such  a decent computer mine only has enough for the minimum his is
over the reccomended

ramac said:
yea i passed well i passed the minimum anyway whay!!!
but i didnt pass the recommended i will probably need a upgrade to get reccomended
What are the minimum specs?

Suppose we should all post our result....

graph_all_4.jpg

I know that my new Dell XPS 600 that I am getting should have no trouble running it, but I am debating whether or not to try it on my current system.

Quote from above:

Minimum System Configuration

* 1.2 GHz Processor
    * 256MB RAM
    * DirectX 7 capable graphics card
    * Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
    * Mouse
    * Keyboard

My processor is 800MHz, but I have all the rest.  I guess I will have to see if it is in the store today and make a decision then.

Mary26 said:
I know that my new Dell XPS 600 that I am getting should have no trouble running it, but I am debating whether or not to try it on my current system.

Quote from above:

Minimum System Configuration

* 1.2 GHz Processor
    * 256MB RAM
    * DirectX 7 capable graphics card
    * Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
    * Mouse
    * Keyboard

My processor is 800MHz, but I have all the rest.  I guess I will have to see if it is in the store today and make a decision then.

Well since you're getting a new computer, what's the harm in picking the game up now. I'm thinking you'll need to get creative to get this game running on a 800 MHz machine. Like I always say, these minimum specs are not reliable at all. If you want to reasonably play the game you shoot even higher than the recommended specs.

How do you get this graph thingie? I don`t get anything just a picture of the game box in the upper right-hand corner ??? I think that i`ll be able to run B&W 2 though `cos i`ve just had my comp upgraded for 800$ if i cant run black and white i`ll personally make sure that my creature stomps or eats the programmer guy!!! :angry:

What graph thingie. ???

Why don't you post your system specs. Maybe we can help from there.  :)

You know the one that shows wheather you`re below the recommended specs or not. Nauge posted his.
So here are my specs

2666 MHz Processor
512MB RAM
2 GByte virtual memory
DirectX 9 capable graphics card
Windows XP

That`s pretty much it i think, but since my comp isn`t in english and i`m not so good at what computer stuff is called in english i might have gotten something wrong :p

I keep losing that link :blush

It looks like it should run BW2, what model of graphics card is it?

Start >> Run , type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes). That should give you more info on your system.

Ok here goes...

Radeon X700 series (i think thats the graphics card-correct me if i`m wrong though gotta learn this stuff :blush) and it has 256 MB memory.
and i made a mistake i have 510 not 512 MB RAM
Thanks for the handy tip Kays! :D Didn`t know i could see the stats of my system the way you mentioned.

I bought the game, but it won't install.  The diagnostic test you get with the install screen says my specs aren't up to snuff, so I guess I will have to wait until I get my new computer to play.  :(

Back