BW2 on Windows 7

Mary26

Elder
Well, I thought I would install BW2 as well and see how that worked.  So far I have found out the following:

1. The Tiger Unlocker has the same problem as Vista (I thought 7 was supposed to fix Vista's problems  :laugh2).  The solution is to edit your registry as described in this thread:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/2881912/ShowThread.aspx

2.  In XP, my mouse had no problems.  But in 7, I found that the middle button wouldn't do the rotate function.  Apparently that was a problem with some wireless mouses before, as the solution is addressed here:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/post/1138048.aspx

Now, off to the Norse land!

Thanks for posting this. Will sticky it.

Strange, but BW1 had similar mouse problems with XP.

Oh jesus...Wait, I'm the god here. And I don't have children. And they would never have names like "Jesus"...

So I got my Windows 7 64-bit Version and installed B&W2 on it. Fine. Then I started and already in the menu I have problems with my mouse. But there are no lags, it's simply...when I move my mouse slowly I can only go along the X- or the Y-axes. Only if I speed up the movement of my mouse I can also move the courser diagonal and smooth.

I already have the came running in compatible-mode (Windows XP SP3). And also I have Patch 1.1 and 1.2 installed. I mean...what the hell? My hardware can't be the problem, because I am running it on a system that would've never even held for possible when B&W2 came out (AMD Athlon II 4x 2.8GHZ, ATI Radeon 4770 HD...). So what the hell is the problem? =( Black & White one isn't already working allright. Okay, I can understand that since the game is more than half as old as I am...But Black & White 2 is...the newest of them...so to speak.

EDIT: Oh and what the hell? I can't even put the graphic settings to the actual maximum. What the hell is going on? On my old computer (about 4 times slower than this) everything ran on maximum without problems. -.- Although the game is quite nice (even when not even a bit as brilliant as B&W1)...the programming seems pretty f*cked up, eh?

Well, mouse movement issues are probably graphics related in bw2!

I suggest updating your graphics drivers! :D

And.. well.. Windows 7 has some issues with most drivers, did you do the Windows Preformance Index thingy yet?  - It activates alot of functions!

Also, how is your anti-alliasing set? Ati cards like to mess about with BW2, causing extreme slow fps!

Just tell me how it's set, heck, just tell it about all the settings you did with your ati card.

Added, are any other programs running? Like a virus protecting software, or a download program? - Heck.. Internet explorer even mucks!

Allright, that program really seems to be sensitive. :D
Well, lemme check all that then...

When tabbing out of the game everything is normal with the mouse.
Then my resolution is same with normal one: 1920x1080
Anti-Alizing is completely off but it didn't become better even when I changed it.
The furr is on... :eek: But I reallly think that won't change anything since I tried already all various settings...
Well, looks I will first try about the update of the driver.
And all the background stuff is offline. I mean, okay...I have Steam and Firefox opened, but also when they're closed it doesn't change anything. I'll check about my anti-virus now...

I think I already found the issue.

Lower your screen resolution when in game. - Notice drastic improvement :D - I mean, the BW2 setup setting.

Okay...thank you if that works. But now I am looking for the setup. :D In B&W1 it's easily found in the folder. Do I gotta change it in the game?

Yes.

Options - then Video, or Resolution

Remember, this is saved per 'profile' - so if you make a new profile, adjust again.

Back