Resource icon

BW2 Modding Tools 1.0.0

L

Lionhead Studios

Lionhead Studios submitted a new resource:

BW2 Modding Tools - The official modding tools for Black & White 2

LionheadUnstuffer:
Unstuffs the everything.stuff file. Some of the unstuffed files may be needed by the other tools.

Landscape Editor:
Pretty self explanatory. You will need to unstuffy things first. This tool also includes the special effects editor.

Script Compiler:
Write your own scripts. These scripts are use to make challenges, create cut scense and run the enemy AI.

Script Language Documentation:
All the functions. There’s lot's here, so expect to be...

Read more about this resource...

HELP ME!!
The read-me sais to open the batch before using to understand it. It opens for one second and then it closes abrubtly again!
So I tried to open the compiler itself and figure it out by myself....BUT THEN THAT DIDN`T EVEN STAY OPEN FOR HALF A SECOND!! It abrubtly closed on me.=(
Please help me...

Are you sure you have both patches installed?
Because it works fine on mine.

Did  a "Tools" folder get created and populated? ???

See Note 2 in the file description.

Yes i guess i wasnt paying attention lol
and if i unstuff everything into 1 folder, wont it like take away all the data in the game and place it all into 1 folder? Won't that cause the game not 2 work?
Or does it just take copies?

REMEMBER IM STILL A NOOB TO THIS KIND OF STUFF

When the game runs, it unpacks the everthing.stuff file into memory so the game can run. For the editor to run, all of those files need to be unpacked and placed into the proper folders first. The game will still unpack the everything.stuff file but will use the files which have been unpacked into the various folders instead.

Your're not making any changes to the everything.stuff file. When this is done though you will have a bunch of .dds files (2,251)  in the Art/textures folder to browse through.

Help! I don't know WHERE the Tools folder is. I can only find the creature one and saves etc in the b+W2 folder... Please help someone. :<

I thhink you're looking in the wrong spot. Only the saves are in My Documents.

C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools.

Thanks. :) How do you run the script... In fact, where can I just find a tutorial? Thanks in advance. :)

A good place to start is the BW2 modding Wiki. There's a number of tutorials which should help in getting you started.

On the LHS boards there's this thread which has most of the discussion about scripting. Also for scripts, we do have a Script library which contains a number of scripts you can use.

If you have any other questions on usage, please register in our forums and ask there. :)

Also. How do I play a level? I installed one before but couldn't find it. :S
Any idea where? Thanks. :)

These ruined all my skin :(
after unstuffing all my .dds files no longer worked. :(

Yes, you'll need to reinstall any skins you had since those files get over written.

When i want to unstuff the Everything.stuff file then my PC always tries to open it with the Editor.

Does everyone knows how i can unstuff this file?

To run the unstuffer, double click on the LH Unstuffer Batch.bat file in the LionheadUnstuffer folder.

The ReadMe file says i have to unstuff the Everything.stuff file first before something works..

When i try to Unstuff the LH Unstuffer Batch.bat the small black window appears for 1 sec.
If i go on with the introductions in the ReadMe file, the modding tool is still not working.

It could be that B&W is not in the directory the batch file is expecting, in which case, do thusly:

• Right click the batch file and choose 'send to' >> compressed(zipped) folder. This is as an easy backup in case you need to get the original back
  • Right click the batch file again, and this time choose 'edit'
  • You should now see a notepad window that reads something like:
    LionheadUnstuffer -d -path "C:\[snip]\Black and White 2\\" "C:\[snip]\Black and White 2\Data\Everything.stuff"
    without the 'snips' of course  :p You need to change the bits inside the quotation marks (leave the quotation marks intact) so that they point to where those files are on your computer. Easiest way is to locate them in explorer and click the navigation bar which should highlight the path for you, and paste that into where the [snip]s are in the example above

Incidentally you will also need to do this for the configuration setting file in the same folder as the landscape editor  :)

Back