bw2 modding tools error (windows 7 64 bits)

MigX

Anyone can help me? im tried to use the lansdscape editor, on my new windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, im followed the steps of installing (rename directories, unstuff everithing.stuff, etc) but the lanscape editor dont start, modding tools only work on 32 bits versions? or exist another version for 64 bits? please heeelp  :help :help

I had that problem to with my windows 7 64bit OS. But I was never able to solve to problem. What I did was install B&W 2 on my other computer which has Windows xp 32 bit.
I wish I could be more help, but this is all I got.

i dont want to change to 32 bits version, i have 8 gb ram and i need to approach it

You should install Virtual PC 2007 or VirtualBox and then set up XP on that.  Then any program requiring 32-bit Windows should work fine.  :yes

All of The B&W series was made to run on 32 bit PC's
Anything that works on 64 bit is a bonus not a natural part of the game design. So if  you need stuff to work you need to find a work around.

I also have an old PC for playing old 16/32 bit games when the wife/kids are not using it as the family HTPC

I use the eeditor in Win7 x64 with no problems, and no compatibility options. On the first run, I think I remember I had to open with explicit admin rights.. Right-click on the editor executable and select 'run as administrator'. After the first run as admin, try again normally, see if it works.

I got it working finally
Heres how

Step 1

Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Landscape Editor\LandscapeEditor.ini
  In the folder it may say:
[Paths]
Base = "C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2"

[Brush]
PatternCount = 1
Pattern0 = data\landscape\brushes01.tga

[SplatLayer]
IDCount = 0

In newer windows OS the default place for Lionhead Studios folder is in Program Files (x86)
  So change it so it says:
[Paths]
Base = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2"

[Brush]
PatternCount = 1
Pattern0 = data\landscape\brushes01.tga

[SplatLayer]
IDCount = 0

Step 2

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\LionheadUnstuffer
  Click on LH Unstuffer Batch.bat file there
  If a black thing appears then just disappears again then its set to look in Program Files instead of Program Files (x86) again so
  Right click it and choose edit then change it to say this:
LionheadUnstuffer -d -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Data\Everything.stuff"

Step 3

Run the  LH Unstuffer Batch.bat
  It will unstuff everything.
  It could take some time to unpack everything, so wait for it to finish

Step 4

This step may not be necessary but it was for me
  Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Scripts
  There you should see many files most of them are Info#.txt
  For me they weren't there so
  I copied them form my other computer
  In case you don't have the ability to get else where I have placed them into .zip file which you can download from this replay

Once they are downloaded paste them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Scripts if you need to replace any of  them do it, and leave the map.txt there it very important.

Once I finished all of that it worked for me.
If there is anything else wrong ask and I maybe able to to help

Just hope your efforts are not wasted MigX has only posted once in the last 6 months  , I suspect he may have moved on by now.

Well some day some one else may have this problem, and now I can also begin modeling again.

im back, sorry, university problems, i tried it, but the problem still,.... :(

hi again, sorry, long time no see, now i'm installed windows 7 x64 -ULTIMATE- and i follow ur steps, and it works! YAY!! hehe! thanks for all, if i can help u in another problem i will help u, thanks :D  :yourock: :yourock: u rock men!.

Back