BW2 Dialogue Cutoffs

Padster

hey, i got this weird problem in bw2 where the good and evil advocaters just cut each other off when they speak. they interrupt each other always mid sentence. i use patch 1.2. i had this problem right from the start, even after patching, using admin mode and using compatibility mode. could somebody help me? thanks!

Black and White 2 was originally designed for processors of around 2.0GHz, these now go upwards to 5GHz these days, it completely throws the games timers off making timed sequences complete twice as fast; I tried to fix this in my patch, can you confirm that you're using the patch I provided?

i used your fanpatch, sadly it doesn't work. the trick with setting affinity to one cpu doesn't work either. would my specs help?

windows 7
i7-3770 3.4ghz
r9 290x 4096mb memory, gpu clock 1ghz

i researched a bit, i tried to limit bw2 framerate to 60, but there is no vsync/framerate option ingame and unlike for bw1, radeon settings won't even do anything. i also tried to run bw2 in dgvoodoo2, but it also can't change any settings. is this a common issue? i feel like the game doesn't even respond to anything and just executes like i changed nothing

so msi afterburner/rivatuner did the job, at 120 fps the cut off was weaker but still noticable, and i set my max fps to 90. works now, thanks for your help though!

ah so the issue was related to the fps? good to know thank you, I'll try and incorporate a frame limiter of sorts when I can.

Back