BW2 - CD only?

Vargoradaath

Elder
There I was at EBGames, picking up my copy of BW2.  Lo and behold, it was not a single DVD, but four accursed CDs.

I ask to those with any insight into such things, why? Why?!  CD/DVD R/RW drives are dirt cheap now, and they release it in CD form.  Frankly, I was troubled.  The fellow at the counter checked, and there was only one BW2 SKU... and it was for the CD version.  How utterly discouraging.  Too bad, I was looking forward to not having to babysit a four-disc install like KotOR, Morrowind, or NWN.

Anyone else stuck with BW2 on CD, or were some of you fortunate enough to get DVD copies - was it even released on DVD, for that matter?

I know it's not that big a deal, but it is rather frustrating to waste time disc-swapping for big installs, isn't it? 

hmmmm to make future installs easier you could try a disc merge, ive done it to the bards tale on xbox and quite simply put all the disc stuff together in one folder/disc you could try merging the 4 onto a dvd disc then using a no cd patch (hey they save time digging for the disc :laugh:) after u install not sure if they modified the installers in any form but who knows?  :p

DVD is Europe only. I think the reason for that is that all of the language file are included in the one package.

Oh i just want to inform you that merging the 4cds onto 1 dvd disc is possible, i done a little experiment by dragging all the files off all 4 discs into one folder on the comp then installing (first install btw) and i didnt get a please insert disc pop up ever! good news for the lazy :laugh:

I could not find the CD version anywhere and 7 out of 8 shops had soldout of the CE dvd version and just had the ordinary dvd one left. Now its 8 out of 8 I got the last CE  :laugh2 in the last shop.

Lol @ Grem. But will it run on your Z81...

I don't thnk that the CD version is available in the UK. It's DVD version only over there.

i was at eb games yesterday but my father would not get it for me he said at the end of the month. :no  :(  :(   :(  :(  :( i saw bw2 it was in a dvd rom case but it said pc cdrom

Back