BW1 "Tree generator" (or rather, coordinates for trees)

Jaden

Elder
I just compiled a basic program that'll make a number of coordinates (most useful for trees, rocks, things that don't take up much space)... it generates however many you want within a specific radius.  Like this:

|start|3198,3220|end|

Then open Notepad and replace-all (|start| and |end| are replaced) so it's like this: (if I turn it into a tree generator it'll do this by itself)

CREATE_NEW_TREE(-1, "3198,3220", 7, 0, 0, 0.9, 1.3)

Now.. here's my question.  If I were to turn this into a tree generator (I HATE the default forests) or a rock generator or something, would anyone even use it?  I'm fine doing it the way I am now (using the program and Notepad together) but I could improve it incase anyone actually uses it.

tell me. is this program you made already out? and dose it go by the name of forest maker??

if so then yes  people do use it

Er, no.  I wasn't even sure if it was worth releasing (and I thought there was one at one point but I could find no reference to it ^_^; )

If someone was doing any BW1 mapping it would be usefull. There was something similar available but I don't think it was offered to the public.

I really could do with an animal generator because i just can't be bothered to do 1 animal at a a time.

Same here.  The map I edited to test the generator contained a 500-tree or something forest and a lot of animals (only horses though).  It works as either, but I don't know whether I should submit it or not how it is now ^_^;

WEll, I'll add two more things to it then release it =P

Just two more options.  I submitted it (under more > submit a file, I'm guessing that's where it goes o_O; ) but I don't know when it'll show up.  =P

Jaden said:
Just two more options.  I submitted it (under more > submit a file, I'm guessing that's where it goes o_O; ) but I don't know when it'll show up.  =P

It'll show up when Kays gets around to adding it.  :upside

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=906

Just took a quick look at it and it does look like it could be a handy tool. :yes

Woo hoo!

Quick question :0  When I use a rotation calculator (or just type 0) and the rotation is 0, what direction would a building be facing then?  I'm thinking right but I'm not sure...

(It's for another program I wanna try to make so I can quickly generate a sorta boring town with the rotations so they all face towards each other (it's basically a circle) =P)

I might be wrong but I thought it was 9:00 (west).

I'm no good with rotations i just copy rotations off other maps which i think are right.

Back