BW1 General Modding Discussion + Help

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Any questions or discussion about Black & White 1 or Creature Isle can be asked here. I will do my best to answer your questions.

where can I find a file which shows all the codes you can use in land scripts, like:

CREATE_NEW_ANIMAL("2537.26,2692.93", 11, 4, -1, 5)

Handsome Matt said:
Any questions or discussion about Black & White 1 or Creature Isle can be asked here. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Hey Handsome Matt

I'm eternally grateful for your 1.4 patch. Now that I have B&W Running I was curious to mod the game a little, and share my content (if it isn't god awful)

I wanted to start small, and try some creature skins.  I have searched all day for tutorials for newbies..but a lot of what I am finding seems outdated with dead links to viewers, extractors, etc.

Can you provide a current list of the best tools to use to mod (with links)?
Also, a guide would be helpful i you happen to have one that can apply to modern operating systems.
From what I understand, files must be exported and changed without impacting the file size, and then converted back to their original file format...

Any info you have would be superb. Again, thanks for keeping this game alive in 2017 for those that are passionate about it such as myself. :)

What is the best way to start modding black and white? From a programming perspective, making large changes to the game.

Back