BW1 crashes on new computer

Mary26

Elder
I just got a new computer, and BW2 works fine, but when I tried to play BW1, it crashes at runblack.exe.  Can anyone help me or point me to a thread with the old answer to this question?

Phew, at least BW2 works. :)

When does it crash, when playing it or during startup?

This might be a silly question, but do you have the V1.20 patch installed?

At startup.  And I don't have the V1.2 patch installed, I can't find it in the download section, just the 1.1 patch (which I do have installed) and the 1.3 patch (which I don't need).

Do not install the V1.30 patch. It's only for the P-5 glove and can cause problems.

Here's the link to the V1.20 patch. I'd suggest uninstalling B&W and then reinstall it and apply the V1.20 patch only.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=130

Yep. B&W1  will only work with the new service pack if you have the 1.20 patch installed, but don't get 1.30.

I installed the 1.2 patch and that did the trick.  The graphics look much better than I remember them, so my new video card must bring out the graphics better than my old computer.  Thanks.

Good, glad that worked. :)

I remembered that also with B&W that it did look much nicer after a video card upgrade.
You'll probably find it plays much snoother also.

i had the sam problem, i installed the patch and now it crashes without the runblack
it just crashes on it's own
help! (please)

Back