BW or BW2

Hello, Im new here, And I have something to say.

I actually like the BW2 creature AI, Because you are able to control your creature better rather than have it randomly do something to that tree, and hope that when you pat/slap it, it will agnolage. That, And the villigers arnt as retarded, yelling about how they need more food when they have a full storehouse usually. The only thing is that they will keep begging for storehouses. Meh, maybe I just suck. :(

But yeah, I like the simpler creature interface.

Sorry but the B&W2 creature is just  a windup toy compared to the original IMHO.
The difference is for example " you want your creature to heal  your villagers"
In B&W2 you just select the topic and rub or slap to get the desired effect.
In B&W1
You would heal villagers  in front of your creature .
If he copied  then a reward..... much more like training a real animal.
Although the system was faulty  I think you felt  more connection  to your creature.
I'm sure any dog owner would understand.

It's cheap as chips to get a new disc just buy the game again.

Really! I didn't know that! I also din't know you get in on Amazon for $6.59 :rolleyes

I prefer B&W1 too, however, the major turn off in the game is the bugs. The AI had promise beyond belief, I'll grant it that, but it also had more bugs than Windows. I remember one time, all I was trying to do was teach my Creature to poop against a tree, the next thing I know he is eating it and then proceeds to run up to villagers, turn around, and poop on them... I see him running... I hear screaming... And no amount of slapping could stop him.

That's also the reason I gave up playing the game, it was like the Cosmos had to be in alignment for everything to go right, I mean... how many times did your creature do something bad (like throw villagers for no reason), you slap him, and then the help box at the bottom of the screen pops up "Your creature will try to poop less" and you're just like WHAT!? I didn't want that to happen! So you rub his belly when he farts and all you get it "The creature will try to do that sort of thing more often." So now you have a creature that doesn't poop and farts all the time. ARGH WHAT THE HECK!

That.. and supposedly pooping in the fields would fertilize them, but all I ever saw was gigantic piles of manure sitting in the fields.

Not  trying to offend  but have you actually ever owned a cat or a dog ?
The AI simulation in B&W1 was almost real( you could care about your creature) ,  B&W2's is just a toy/tool to use.

Yeah. In BW2 creatures are like Wowee toys. (Ya know, Robosapien, Roboraptor etc.) In B and W you can treat like actual pets only bigger and the ability to shoot stuff out of there hands. Oh, and you can slap them without going to jail.  :woot :woot :woot :D

Put me down as liking BW2's creature better.  I got frustrated trying to train creatures in BW1 (especially for multiplayer) and in the single person game, I used the creature as sparingly as possible.  I liked the BW2 creature interface exactly because you could control it completely.  I have a cat for a pet, and he's a lot more fun than the BW1 creature.

GASP!! May Nemesis NOT have mercy on your sole! You have a robotic cat AND you like Wowee creatures.

just played BW2 as good god, evil god, good creature, evil creature
now what?
i guess i put it back in the box until the arrival of Of Gods and Mortals.

in the meantime i go back to BW1 which despite its failings has some depth and character.

i never felt any emotion in BW2 towards my creature at all, its just a tool that runs around in the background until i want it to build a wall or stomp on that platoon

all my creatures in BW1 have different temperaments and always evoke some form of emotion, even if it is "aargh, why did you do that"

in my opinion the games should not be compared side by side because the creature AI are as different as chalk and cheese

if only they had put the BW1 creature into BW2 ......

I agree competely.  Apparently though.  Lionhead had far loftier plans for the B&W2 Creature, but (as what appears to happen alot in the games industry) the money ran out to soon and they just had to polish up and publish what they had done leaving a much more shallow creature experience than what you had in B&W1.

With all the changes listed in that Gods and Mortals mod, I've forgotten if there is anything in there that might liven up the B&W2 creature.  Anyone else know any beter ??? ?

You know, in thinking about it, the way the creature behaves, moves and does things in BW2 was almost robot and not fluid like in BW1. Plus the fact that your creature only existed in that game you were playing made it harder to really get attached to it.

The other thing which in my opinion which was really lacking and poorly done were the creature fights. I say no more..

Just a side note, I've been watching some of the videos of Fable 2 and I'm amazed at how life like the animations of the dog are.

With all the changes listed in that Gods and Mortals mod, I've forgotten if there is anything in there that might liven up the B&W2 creature.  Anyone else know any beter

I doubt it. We really can't access the core creature files. Some of the behavour might be in the balance files but we can't touch the animation files. I imagine that they are quite complex. Plus we need acccess to the creature editor.

I wanna buy Fable 2 solely for the dog at this point (that and because Fable 1 pwned).

With that said, the creature WAS a disappointment in BW2, but I still like it almost as much as BW1 for some of the newer features (mainly the whole war thing).  And it makes for better screenshots, if nothing else XD

Just re-read the whole thread..
And it just shows how badly LH got it wrong with B&W2.
Looking around its amazing  just how hard they are trying to get a "lovable" pet back into their games with Fable 2.

Training my dog was way easier than my creature on BW1 :p, though it's way more complex, in BW2 no matter how i tell my creature to eat grain, he never do it, and i have to manually tell him to do that.

I hear all these problems with creature learning in BW1, I myself never had that...

You just need to hold some things into account.

When, where, why, who.

When, time off day seems to matter! Especially when your villagers are asleep or not and all that. (We don't want our creature casting 'impressive' miracles when they are asleep!)

Where, do you cast the miracle? On a foodstore, onfront of people?.. On a tree? (The creature remembers that, and tries to act on what it learns from YOU )

Why, do you do what you do? (Toss a human because it is in the way, and the creature will do so too.  Cast a miracle on the food store when it's on 100% need, and your creature will remember)

Who, do you cast heal on? The creature can see the ill and the well without having to press S (the cheater! :p) So when you cast heal on somebody with low F ertility, and low L ife, and high A ge, it will do that too!

In other words, you have to look at the world as your creature does to learn it something. Things that you don't see, your creature might.

I like Black&White 1 more, since 2 gave me to much game speed, just build flats, you win the land.. If your not into war, it's a very boring game... That's my oppinion at least.

Back