Resource icon

BW Express MapEditor 2.02 (without installation) 1.0.0

Thanks for this non-install download. I couldn't get the full version to install on my 64-bit machine. I'm glad I can still use this program.

I had to register those .ocx files too: comdlg32.ocx and richtx32.ocx

If it helps anyone, I'll attach the .ocx files.

To register them, copy them to C:\Windows\system32 (for 32-bit) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (for 64-bit).

Then run these two lines in command prompt:

32-bit
regsvr32 c:\Windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32 c:\Windows\system32\richtx32.ocx

64-bit
regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\richtx32.ocx

Hope that helps anyone who had trouble like me.

Thanks again for the download.

They're attached to my other post in this thread. Just click the links at the bottom of this post.

The zip files can't be found anymore
If anyone still have a copy could you repost them?
Thanks

-Willy

So I ended up with this error:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies ot correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Seems like there's more .ocx files missing.

Hi all,

Just to confirm with anyone coming across this thread:

This does not seem to work on windows 10. Even with setting up the .ocx files as advised above, there are more .ocx dependencies which we do not have.
This all used to be setup with a file called 'BnWExpressMapEditorSetup201.exe' according to the readme files. Whether or not the setup executable doesn't work any more (hence why it is not in the zip file), there doesn't seem to be a way for us to install this on w10.

TODO:
- Find the 'BnWExpressMapEditorSetup201.exe', and try running it on W10. This may setup everything up for us and we will be good to go!
- Go through each of the .ocx requirements; finding the .ocx file we need, register it, and try running again. Eventually you will fulfill all the requirements and this program should run?

I'm getting the error 'MSCOMCTL.OCX is missing', different to the error of the person above.

I got the editor working by using the 2 ocx files posted above, as well as downloading the remaining two ocx files that the editor complained about.

I'll post urls for where I downloaded them from.
MSCOMCTL.OCX (https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-mscomctl-ocx-download-register-64-bit-windows/)
TABCTL32.OCX (https://originaldll.com/file/tabctl32.ocx/7711.html)

It might work if you just place these 2 files in the same folder as your editor, otherwise go through the same process as the files mentioned previously.

Works good for me :)
I didn't know this tool, it's powerful
Thanks

I was able to get this up and running on Windows 10 after locating and installing the needed files. If anyone ever needs help with this, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Back