Bonusland - what's the point?

Microcroft

Since I don't get my Black & White1 running properly, I thought I'd have another go at BotG, which I hadn't finished before.

I collected the statues and got into the bonus land, yay! I loved the look of the place and looked forward to building a really nice city on a really nice island which looked exactely like I could ever dream with the nice waterfalls and the phoenix palms (I missed those in B&W2, they were only in the first tutorial land to be seen).

The challenge to build up huge amounts of impression to capture the towns was quite welcome. Although I wasn't too thrilled that all my tribute was gone. But that's okay, I thought, more work to do is fine.

BUT! There's no single quest. Instead there are more undead enemies than one could possibly deal with without turning the beautiful island to a dreadful place. What is to be done about that? The statues aren't helping enough, I can't have any armies in a town with, like, ten men, my creature can't be everywhere at once and I'm not able to get near enough tribute to buy a wonder that might help. But then again that wouldn't help either, cos I can't get anywhere near them. Also all my former beautiful grounds are totally black... by defending myself and sending the turtle to beat the bad guys I went totally bad - I don't get it! Now nearly the whole island is black, cos I plasterd it with storehouses upon storehouses to expand my influence to be able to kill the undead myself. It is no good. It is ghastly.

So, what's the point of the bonus? Is there some trick to get rid of the undead Pirates of the Caribbean and the challenge is to find that trick on the oh say, umpteenth try?
Deeply dissappointed. :banghead
Can someone erase the undead from this map?

The undead are the whole point of the land you have to defeat ever more strong waves of them until you give up or die.
I don't know whats beyond level 16 because thats where as a good god I lost interest.
If you are turning evil this is not just the game but your tactics as well.
Often( about once in every 4 waves) a troop will "stall" and you should leave them alone, this allows you to recover and prepare for the next wave that wont happen until the last troop of the last wave is destroyed.

Gremxula said:
The undead are the whole point of the land you have to defeat ever more strong waves of them until you give up or die.I don't know whats beyond level 16 because thats where as a good god I lost interest.
Often( about once in every 4 waves) a troop will "stall" and you should leave them alone, this allows you to recover and prepare for the next wave that wont happen until the last troop of the last wave is destroyed.

So there isn't really a way to "win" the bonus land?  It just keeps getting harder ad infinitum?

Gremxula said:

Huh. I thought it was "when defending on your own turf, it isn't considered evil". At least that's how it worked in the main game.

Yes, I found that out shortly after my post. So... now I can peacefully impress all the towns if only I leave the one troop be. But as Mary26 says, there is no way of winning the land? Has anyone ever found an end to the bonus land? Or maybe it's just a little thing to show us we're not really God, hehe. :happytears:

For my first go at the bonus land, I tried playing Good, impressed all the towns and now I'm at Level 3.  It seems to be very slow going for the undead armies at this point, and I really feel it's quite boring. If the only thing that happens next is that the undead armies become more numerous and harder to stop, I think that I will stop, because as I mentioned above, there seems to be no way to win the game.

Yes you are now going for a high score, but if you push it you can make your PC beg for mercy.
I had to reduce resolution and detail to keep the frame rate accetable on later levels.

Back