Black & White Campaign not installing

ejonesss

yes i know black and white 2 is an old title but i went to install the item below link but the installer seems to only go through the motions

and noting is installed.

i followed the instructions even saving the contents of the data1 file to the c:bnw and it still did not install anything.

i know this is for black and white 2 because there are references to file structures that are NOT used in the original black and white such as bwe witch is only used in black and white 2.

i have the patches installed and black and white 2 seems to work on windows vista ultimate (i dont know if vista is different enough from xp to not allow it to work.

daxter if you are able to get to it maybe build an installer that uses the crude methods most people use by giving us all the raw completed files (bwe, chl, wal, walk and so on) and use a bat file to install it or something.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=849

I took a stab on installing this... I don't even know where it went :shocked

I clicked 'change' within the uninstall programs list, and it pointed towards Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios, etc... but I never found anything there. I also tried to search for the 'land logo' that is suppose to appear when you play the land, but I couldn't find that either. Perhaps there's some sort of conflict between windows versions (for ex vista vs 7?) Who knows, though  ???

I hope this help, if u belive that is windows problem, use windows 7 ultimate x64... with this, u will not have problems with newest or older games, black and white 1 for example, works perfect, as black and white 2, or any other old game.

I'd recommend not playing that old map package. It's incredibly buggy and may cause some serious performance issues for your pc.

It's also one of my outdated releases, so I don't intend on going back to it.

Hope this helps.  :)

Back