Black & White 2 Unofficial Patch v1.42

Black & White 2 Unofficial Patch v1.42 1.42

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Egerion submitted a new resource:

Black & White 2 Unofficial Patch v1.41 - Fixes the sequel game to run on Windows 10 and much much more.

This patch does incorporate all the features of both the V1.10, V1.20 offical patches, and the previous 1.3 fan patch. Patches 1.10 and 1.20 are required to be installed prior to installing 1.41.

For more help on running the game please visit this thread: http://www.bwfiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=7917.0

Read more about this resource...

Ran into some issues when using this that i didn't have with the other patch's. (patch 1.4) it's putting this in the 1.3 automatically for some reason.
All related to the AI not working.
Archers no longer attack enemy catapults automatically
Japanese 1: won't use the siren wonder
Japanese 3: the city builder AI won't construct anything, military city working fine.
Aztec 1, won't attack.

Wrong, link works fine. You just gotta tell your browser that it's safe to keep the file.

In the patch notes, it says the tiger, the zombie ape, and the turtle were added as creatures. I could only find the tiger, hiding behind all the other creatures (the original 4) when starting up a new game. Anyone know how to make the zombie ape as your pet? I even tried going into my save folder and looking through the files in notepad to try to find 'CREATURE_TYPE' as referenced in the readme but i couldn't understand anything because it was all in some weird code

In the patch notes, it says the tiger, the zombie ape, and the turtle were added as creatures. I could only find the tiger, hiding behind all the other creatures (the original 4) when starting up a new game. Anyone know how to make the zombie ape as your pet? I even tried going into my save folder and looking through the files in notepad to try to find 'CREATURE_TYPE' as referenced in the readme but i couldn't understand anything because it was all in some weird code
Since It's a patch not a mod, It only enables these empty creature slots, rest will up to modders. I think Redux will add Turtle creature on upcoming version and I will create new mod for Turtle and Zombie Ape creature selection.

Since It's a patch not a mod, It only enables these empty creature slots, rest will up to modders. I think Redux will add Turtle creature on upcoming version and I will create new mod for Turtle and Zombie Ape creature selection.
Oh ok, well thank you for all your hard work. I remember i bought this game when i was 12 years old, it was actually the first game i ever bought with my own money. It's so cool to find there are still people after all this time still working to improve the game and make it more fun. Thanks for the reply buddy, I appreciate it. I've come back to this game many times since i first bought it originally and have never modded it, so i'm excited to see what's in store. I've never even used the fan patches, and am already loving how quickly i can load into the game now. I'll be looking out for that zombie ape mod in the future :) have a good night

Last edited:
So I've installed these patches following the guide on the Abandonware main page and the game is running ok but I noticed that during install land 5 was skipped so I dont know if that will be an issue in the future but the main problem is that none of my villagers are aging which is said to be fixed in the 1.42 patch and also none of the extra pets were available to select so I am guessing the patch is not installed correctly but I cant figure out how to do it any different

Hello, i ran into a lots of randoms crashes since i've installed the patch 1.42.
Particularly when i attempt to save the save, it crash quite sometime and my progression since my last save is gone ...

Last edited:
Hello, i ran into a lots of randoms crashes since i've installed the patch 1.42.
Particularly when i attempt to save the save, it crash quite sometime and my progression since my last save is gone ...
I give you all my crashes reports.
Crashes seems to appears mostly when I try to save after using the mermaid, which is actually bugged, they are some dialogues in the bottom of the screen that should not be there, and I can hear the voice of the Japanese guy that say "Put me down", i have sent some screenshots to show you that (my game is in French normally, but some dialogues are in English).

I wonder if there's a buffer overflow or something like that that can cause those bugs and make the game crash when i attempt to save.

Attachments

• Dump Crashs.zip
    396.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 2
im gonna be honest im lost on how to start the game can someone just reply with a step by step to how to start the game because the only thing i accomplished was downloading some files :)

Hi there guys, You guven me a piece of my childhood back and I can finally show my younger brother what I used to play when I was his age.
After completing the whole installation and patching process, I opened the game and noticed one quite disturbing glitch. The islands appear "see through", the mass of land and mountains glitch like mad and most of the scenary is just water due to that glitch. Is there something I did wrong upon installing the game? Is there a fix ?
Thanks

Hi there guys, You guven me a piece of my childhood back and I can finally show my younger brother what I used to play when I was his age.
After completing the whole installation and patching process, I opened the game and noticed one quite disturbing glitch. The islands appear "see through", the mass of land and mountains glitch like mad and most of the scenary is just water due to that glitch. Is there something I did wrong upon installing the game? Is there a fix ?
Thanks
Hey MaxLeCoq! Still having issues? If so, shoot me a message and I may be able to help. :D

I just followed all the steps here, but all I accomplish is my screens flicker like mad, I hear the game music... and it simply minimizes. try to maximize it, screens spaz, and then it minimizes. I cannot get any further. Did the patch 1.42, all that stuffs, and it just *raspberries* and keeps hidden in the taskbar. Clean install, did 1.1, then 1.2, then 1.42. Do not collect $200, go directly to 1.42, and then it still chills in my taskbar, being useless. :/

Halp!

Sept 24th 2002
Matt,
Thank you So much for this download. I have been looking for a way to play B&W2 for ages! Your hard work is truly appreciated.
I have a graphics issue. Probably something I need to tweak. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers.
All the torches show as black squares at night. Thank You ☺️

Sept 26th 2022:
After 3 hours of play.. I have to save every 10 minutes because the game crashes. Today I have a flashing white box on the screen. It was fun while it lasted

Attachments

• Black &White 2 graphic issue.png
    Black &White 2 graphic issue.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I get your installation has been corrupted when trying to install official patch

Reinstalling the game with 1.1, 1.2 and 1.42 community patch but without the Battle of the Gods fixed the black lamps issue for the main campaign.

Back