Black & White 2 Crash

Millennium

Hi, I recently bought Black and white two again after playing it a long time ago, i still have my old box and cd key but i was missing the Cds. I downloaded the game and download the two patches in the correct order (didn't download the fan patch because it seemed incompatible with my specs), i run the game from the Cd directly and run it as an admin in compatibility mode. I also run the command prompt with the 'sc config secdrv start= demand' command and the "sc start secdrv" command(i also ran command prompt as an admin). after doing all this i can play for around 5-10 minutes before it crashes randomly or when i attempt to save i haven't found any patterns in what i'm doing when I crash so i think it's just a random thing, I've searched all over the internet and haven't found anything hope someone can help me.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
8 GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7800 series
Intel Hd graphics 4000
134 GB free of 931 GB

Millennium said:
(didn't download the fan patch because it seemed incompatible with my specs)

what led you to believe that? the fan patch is completely compatible with those specs and will make the game run flawlessly, let me know if you have any issues after installing the patch.

Hey thanks for response, i suppose ill try the fan patch i just saw a user under that thread complaining about it and figured i should just try other stuff before the fan patch. I downloaded the fan patch but i'm not sure how i'm supposed to apply it to my game, i unzipped it but not too sure what to do at this point.
Thanks for the help.

Millennium said:
Hey thanks for response, i suppose ill try the fan patch i just saw a user under that thread complaining about it and figured i should just try other stuff before the fan patch. I downloaded the fan patch but i'm not sure how i'm supposed to apply it to my game, i unzipped it but not too sure what to do at this point.
Thanks for the help.

Unzip it to the game directory, it should overwrite the pre-existing white.exe then all you have to do is run the game. :)

Alright so the new game is working pretty well although it still crashes sometimes, the terrain becomes black and i am unable to save or load(if i save it crashes and none of my load files are shown). But the fan patch did seem to help some with over all stability. Any suggestions now?

Back