Black and white crashes at intro video =(

Luke_07

Okay, so basically this happened like...6 months ago, I was bored looking around for black and white CD, couldn't find it so i decided to download BW and use the No-cd crack.
It took me quite a while to find a working crack I eventually found one and it was working perfectly, I was playing the game happily and everything. So one day i decided I want a new profile... this is where it went wrong I tried to make a new profile I typed in profile name clicked ok, and then that was it, the game crashed. So I was like 'what?' (this is turning into a novel, lol sorry let me just wrap it up) I had to reset my pc since nothing was responding then I tried again it never worked I had to reinstall and delete all the files manually so the install would be fresh, thus losing all my data. Well anyways I tried the no-cd crack again...downloaded various ones none of them would work. One day I found my disc again I thought "yes! this would work." I installed etc etc, I finally saw the intro logo it got to the Intro vid and then you can hear the music in the background but the video does not move. So basically I see a white background with a white black and white logo with a shadow behind it... and if i try to ctrl+esc nothing happens nor does anything happen when I ctrl+alt+delete :| I have to reset my pc.

So, is there a way to fix this (I have resintalled and deleted the files manually over 20 times, I get the same thing happening everytime, my disc is in brand-new condition as well, had it for 9 years.

EDIT*
Also here is my system info

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processore 4600+
2.39GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Have you tried setting the compatibility mode on the runblack.exe file?

Tis different depending on the OS, but if you go to the directory where Black & White is installed (usually in the Program Files directory), right click on the above exe and right click for the "Properties" option.

Go to the Compatibility section (it may be hidden in another tab or have a tab of it's own) and check the tick box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for".  You can then select the OS that the exe file will run in, e.g. Windows XP, Windows 200, etc.

Try some of these and see if it helps you to start up B&W properly.

Hope that helps.

Ahh, I know what you're talking about, yeah I never thought of that.
I'll give it a try, thanks.

Ok, so I tried all the OS listed on compatibility mode, all of them except Windows 2000 gave me send error report so they didn't load, well anyways I got 2000 to work but then it done the same thing again, crashing at the intro...

Sometimes black & white writes itself into various places. Back in the past, I had a problem. I deleted the game manualy (so clicked on the folder and "delete") then I reinstalled it. Everything worked fine. I played this a few times, then one day I wanted to reinstal it, but I got a system error: The game is allready instaled, please uninstal before running the setup. So it only went back normal after an OS reinstal. Sad  :(

Man, that sucks... I hope I don't have to reboot windows... thats really long lol backing all files up etc.  :(

Yeah, it sucks big time. But I can't give you any more advices. Have you tried the different patches?

After an uninstaling and deleting the folders. Did you empty the recycle bin and defrag that hard drive?

Sometimes taking the game out of compatability mode and just running it as an administrator works.  Right-click the icon and select "Run as Administrator".  I got BW to work on Vista and Windows7 this way.

You may need to update your video driver. I know that that is what I need to do with this machine, and I can't play Black and White until I do. (I use dial-up, and any sort of download is out until I get DSL! <_<) The entire system crashes if I try to load any sort of game, even a *cough* 'video' *cough* of Earthworm Jim on my... Uh... Virtual... VCR... thing? >_>

<_<

>_>

*cough*

I don't think it's to do with my OS because It was working before, also it hasn't anything to do with my video drivers since it done this when I had my old video card. And I thought something would change since I had gotten a new one, anyway I have uninstalled and deleted the remaining files, emptied recycle bin and defraging right now, so I shall see if it works. I'll also try what users have suggested anyway.

Ok. I got past the intro vid by defraging and installing patch 1.1 but now I get to the video where you save the little child from the sharks, and it crashes... any ideas?

Back