Black and White 3?

very true, black and white 2 + more units keeping the same creature AI as the Black and white 1 would be awesome.

I also would like to see more miracles, They took out a bunch of them and the altar felt pretty empty.
And also naval battles would be awesome.

Better graphics and i think they should re introduce the temple fom black and white 1, the inside was pretty darn awesome.

Peace out!

Yeah, the interiour of the temple looked like the graphics from Fable and BW2, which leads me to believe perhaps they did it towards the end (or did the appearance, anyway).

I think if either of the games had been finished, they would have been substantially better. It is now old hat that BW2 was an incomplete game and that the creature really suffered, but BW1 was also pretty incomplete, from what I can see; In fact, the "Hint of the Day" screenshots clearly show features that were actually removed.

Naval battles would be pretty sweet. If we recall the earlier statements by the team when there were supposed to one day be five games in the series, BW3 would be the height of your power, the absolute pinnacle of godliness, and would have been medieval-era, or post-tribal (and BW5 would have been modern day, if I correctly recall what was said; If those comments even still exist (not that anything can ever truly be removed once it has been on the Internets, at least if anybody cares) then they are probably buried somewhere in our very own fora). I think that would have been pretty sweet, and you can imagine what kinds of incredible executive powers that might entail; Plagues, more epics, terraforming, creation of people or animals... (At a price, of course; It would be silly to turn it into an absolute sandbox game without challenge).

Anyway, beyond user made projects (sorry, project) like OGaM, I doubt we will ever see any kind of sequel whatsoever. :(

BW5 is something I would've loved to see. There have been tons of city building games and RTS games that all let you control a city or a country, but never one that gave you powers beyond controlling people and units, but the very way that those things work. Ever since I played the first Black and White, I always wanted to see a giant bipedal lion wandering through a major city like New York or something, and have to defend entire skyscrapers from the fireballs of a rival god. I dare say that if I had the ability, time, and wasn't working on OGAM already that I would've settled down to do a full conversion mod like that.

Unfortunately, I fear my dream may never be realized...

Uh... Spore much? :laugh2 I know EA kinda screwed the game up pretty badly, but you control a great deal in the game. However, I understand what you mean. The Black & White atmosphere and signature look and feel would be awesome in a modern-day setting. Plus, it would leave a fantastic easter egg for finding a kid playing BW5 or earlier versions in one of the buildings, making wonderful reference to the Virtual Universe question. :p

But, yeah, when I get a few more computers and get my network up so I can finally fully settle down to a Caleb-like (spelling?) existence, I find it likely that I will use most of my free time on things like this. So your dream may be realized yet. :cool:

Note: I'm not sure if I spelled Caleb right, but I mean the aliens from doctor Who that designed the Daleks as transportation.

Seeing how the story for Black and White starts after pretty much all of the gods have been wiped out, Black and White 3 should be more along the lines of Black and White 0 in the timeline. Seriously, why start the series where you are basically alone and not out conquering 20-40 lands in a huge map of the world that you need to progress through-or something along those lines? I don't understand how game companies can end up with such great underlying ideas and game engines, then to not fully implement their games, and leave them unfinished/buggy.
--Plus, why leave multiplayer up to GameSpy? They just let games die because it's a poor service, at least it was around BnW times. I don't really use it much these days.

Developing Black and White further ahead in the timeline will only really ruin what the original game was even more; unless the idea of if is embraced and given the care it's needed to take the ideas of black and white 1 (mainly the belief system and how temple/prayer/influence work-the changes to the creatures that are needed have already been posted), then do the same quality of work for each new system added, such as the war in Black and White 2. Two units types and catapults and I really saw no "strategies" for AI. Really it was horribly done. Not to mention every skin was the same for the same unit. It's expected in games like black and white 1 but in 2 you have so much more detail. The game relied on a core fan base and good graphics to sell a few boxes then let it die. I dislike what EA has become. It's the need to sell (greed anyone?) that is ruining many games these days even before they are an idea.

Spore was fun but jeez.. watching that 30 min long trailer years before it was released really got my hopes up for a very very interesting game. It didn't even try to get there.

We're lucky we have people that are good at modding still around.

vezrilx said:
It's the need to sell (greed anyone?) that is ruining many games these days even before they are an idea.

Music, Films, TV, Art, Everything. Thats why the culture of poorer countries remains intact and stays interesting.

It is also because they are a company and they try to make money by making games. If making a crappier game would make more profit than making a good game (since making games costs money), then they will go to making the crap game. Same for the tv and music industries. And it isn't by pure greed but because they need to make money to live.

All valid points. Although, as for the story, the way that gods are born left a lot of room for other gods to come into existence later in the series. I think the whole idea with Nemesis was that, if he was the only god AND had three creeds, things like Khazar saving you before Nemesis was able to kill you when you were still a child as far as gods go couldn't happen, so he would be able to kill other gods as they appeared. I honestly don't think that there was anything wrong with the plot. And the reason the games were left unfinished is that the team ran out of budget and hit the deadline, so the games, which were both ahead of their time and underfunded, kind of fell flat.

I agree that Spore was honestly better in the demos than in the final product, which is commonly attributed to EA, though I think it MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A *GREED* thing. I mean, so far, as early speculation predicted, they've been slowly releasing expensive expansions that add old features back in and make the game look slightly less cartoony. But I don't think they've removed plot or interest, but rather added too much of it; Though it is still very much open-ended, it has enough structure that it gets in the way of enjoyment slightly.

And, indeed, Anglo, though perhaps you are a bit cynical in your generalization. The richer a country becomes the worse its arts, and that is perhaps the only good thing that, in practice, comes out of Communism: Better art.

And not all need is also greed.

Back