Black and White 2 Creatures are Pointless!

Undead Deity

Sorry for all you creature lovers out there, but I honestly think that Black and White 2 creatures are pointless. In Black and White 1 it would be almost impossible to complete it without your creature, your creature could go and impress towns, cause more destruction and eat a variety of foods.

On Black and White 2 however, your creature is quite pointless. You needn't react with your creature as much as you had to on BnW1. I often forget my creature is even there, it has so little to do. These are a few essentials for your creature to do on BnW2:

• Defend your city.
  • Attack enemy platoons.
  • Collect resources.
  • Knock down walls.

Sorry if anybody thinks I'm exagurrating here but... I think BnW2 creatures are very pointless. What do you think?

They definitely lost some of their charm in B&W2.

I think part of the reason for that was because Lionhead tried to make the game all things for all people.  They probably heard how some gamers had little to no interest in the creature in B&W1 and so in improving the creature AI, they engineered the sequel so that you could play without the creature if you so wished.

From a financial standpoint, this would make sense (at least in theory) as more people could become interested in the game by not being put off by the "pet creature" aspect. 

Say what you will of the B&W2 creature, but at least you didn't have to micro-manage him like in B&W1 to avoid trouble.  This is both a good and a bad thing because B&W1 forced you to spend more time with your creature (thereby increasing your attachment to it).  This was more by accident than by design I believe.  But because your creature is so independent in B&W2, that attachment never formed in the new game and so your creature was not as important :( .

Personally, I never really used my creature in BW2.  I never got attached to it like I did with my BW1 creature.  My sister, in the other hand, uses her BW2 creature for everything.  I agree with Pat about the design being so that you can play either way.

The BW2 creatures can do a lot, and they don't need to be babysat (or is it sitted, lol) all the time.  Thus, they end up being forgotten.  But they aren't entirely useless.

Is it just me, or did I just paraphrase Pat?  I see royalty fees in my future.  :laugh2

GallopRider said:
Is it just me, or did I just paraphrase Pat?  I see royalty fees in my future.  :laugh2

$$$$$ Cha-ching $$$$$

Heads off to bank to cash royalty check :D .

Creatures DO have a use in BW2; to absorb arrows. :devil
yeah, to be honest after you get over the awesome fight scenes with the creature, he becomes a slightly annoying monument in the city.

The fighting scenes i found weren't all that great :p for multiple reasons :
1) People don't fly far enough when hit by my creature
2) My creature could not grow big enough
3) My creature could not eat multiple people making him a soldier munching factory
4) My creature could not summon an army of wolves to eat people
5) My creature could not use a lot of the miracles that i could use taking away the teaching aspect
6) Creature Vrs Creature fights seemed really glitchy sometimes they would even be swinging at air (I mean how did the testers miss that!)
7) I never got a big enough army to not worry about my creature crushing them in the middle of a melee :(
8) Creature did not smoosh people flat when stomped

And know this is a little off topic but i found that the soldiers fought so fast that it was hard to actually watch and enjoy the cool fighting system really wish they would have found a way to make the fights last longer or have way more soldiers to fight with :(

Reonnen said:
3) My creature could not eat multiple people making him a soldier munching factory

Oh, that's funny!  :laugh2

@Anglo:  Agreed.  Teach it to heal itself, keep it out of the city and turn 'em into a pincushion!

Just about the  same for me...... as my general feeling the B&W2 creature is not your pet but an armoured unit to buy upgrades for.

Gremxula said:
Just about the  same for me...... as my general feeling the B&W2 creature is not your pet but an armoured unit to buy upgrades for.
I also use my creature as a killing machine. However, if he does not look evil enough then he isn't good enough. I prefer to send a monster into war than a mere creature! Lionhead should've at least made some 'Quests' (SILVER SCROLL since some people don't like using creatures!) that have to use your creature.

Back