[B&W1] Creatures auto-healing during creature fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

Sier said:
I've never posted any files of the sort, so you'll have to tell me what you need. Perhaps in PM.
You train over a hundred creatures and you don't know which files I may be interested in?

Sier said:
As I said, I've trained over 100. Each one was trained differently. There are only a handful of creatures that I paid special attention to, but I probably couldn't tell you much about them, either.
Again, you train a hundred creatures and you do not follow some kind of pattern that you can remember?

Forgive me, I begin to have strong doubts that you told me the truth =/
Used to read lot of posts like these back on the old LH boards.
People would participate to discussions, saying this and that, but when you asked for confirmations, proofs, or anything else, you'd always get vague responses and nothing tangible.
Only their word to go by =/

Don't take it personal.
It's only that vague answers do not help me any.

Kind regards,
Ciao ciao : )

Let me just get this out of the way:

I don't mean to be vague. I also don't intend to make this glitch out to be more than it is, like you seem to.  What I say is just a matter of what I know. Fact is fact. I can't change it just because it doesn't help you in your little quest, here.

You train over a hundred creatures and you don't know which files I may be interested in?

Did you think about what you are asking? I. Have. 100. Creatures. How am I supposed to know which ones you want? I didn't keep tabs on which ones glitched and which ones didn't, because I didn't think of it as anything but a simple glitch. It happened with so many of them I just stopped caring. I couldn't forsee that someone would come up with a topic like this and ask me for a mind file.

Again, you train a hundred creatures and you do not follow some kind of pattern that you can remember?

I could have swore that I said I trained them for testing purposes. That means I trained them each differently. I trained 5-7 of each creature type so I could note their tendencies for the sake of the Creature Ratings section of my site. I didn't train all of them exactly the same, because if I did, there would be no point in raising so many creatures. It would be like having a bunch of pointless copies.

Forgive me, I begin to have strong doubts that you told me the truth =/
Used to read lot of posts like these back on the old LH boards.
People would participate to discussions, saying this and that, but when you asked for confirmations, proofs, or anything else, you'd always get vague responses and nothing tangible.
Only their word to go by =/

Yeah, that's nice. I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. You are only upset because I've basically shown that there is a VERY good chance that this is nothing more than a glitch. The notion at this point, that this is a learned trait, is absolutely absurd.

Perhaps you should think for a second before you start making snide assumptions about me.

A) You don't know me. At all.
B) This isn't the LH boards, and this sure as hell isn't in the past. This is now, and this game has been out for 7 years. I would have nothing to gain out of making broad claims.
C) You didn't actually ask for "confirmations" of any sort. All you asked for was a mind file and what kind of training I've used. Those wouldn't confirm a damn thing.
D) I've been talking about my website on these forums for a while now. Why wouldn't I play the game a lot if I was going to make a site about it?

A final note:
Please, cut back on the attitude. I find it really stupid that we should have to fight in such a peaceful place such as Kays's forums. Just stop on the assumptions and realize that, hey, you may be wrong.

Not to promote the "conflict", but although partially agreeing with you that might have been unnecessarily harsh. In my opinion, it could be and most likely is just a petty glitch that the lionhead people overlooked. There isnt much need for the many elaborate posts, it would be better to just reach a verdict on the autohealing thing. It seems to be causing more trouble than good, and lets face it, no one has a valid explanation about it because no one can be entirely sure, and there is proof. 

I just thought I would add that this isn't the only glitch that I discovered while playing the game that much.

This glitch was actually very minor in comparison to some of the others I've seen. How about we try and prove that a glitch that causes instant death at the beginning of a battle is a learned trait? >_>

Some other major battle-related glitches:

-Opponent used megablast increase during fight, and without an animation. This happend 3 times against an AI opponent in a skirmish map. I was using my Bear all three times, they were a Lion. Obviously, this happened less than the heal glitch.

-My creature knew miracles I never taught him. I only taught this Bear Water, Heal, Food, and Wood. He used Fireball. This happened 14 times! It didn't happen with any other creature, and I neither used the spell in front of him nor did I let him see it from an enemy. He also didn't retain the knowledge on how to use it after each battle.

-Increased speed during fighting. This happened more often than the heal glitch. At least 20 percent of my fights have seen this happen. It lasted the whole fight unless I intervened by clicking something.

Perhaps some of my previous post seemed harsh. But you must realize that I only get this way when someone challenges me with a big-headed attitude. I really don't like to fight and hopefully this can stop here.

Sier said:
Perhaps some of my previous post seemed harsh. But you must realize that I only get this way when someone challenges me with a big-headed attitude.
It takes far more to upset me. Don't worry : )
I tell what I think, clear and straight.
If you don't like it, that's another matter. But do not resort to say that "I challenge you with my big-headed attitude" to justify your reaction. That's... cheap. Really.

Sier said:
Yeah, that's nice. I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. You are only upset because I've basically shown that there is a VERY good chance that this is nothing more than a glitch. The notion at this point, that this is a learned trait, is absolutely absurd.
Easy there. You haven't demonstrated a thing.
All you did was talk. And based on your talk you jumped to conclusion that my notion is absurd.
I too did a lot of talk. But I don't jump to conclusions.
Instead I'm trying to understand if this auto-heal is something one can teach or what.
You say "auto-heal == glitch".
How convenient: glitches do not need to be demonstrated.
No need to, in fact, for they can happen to anyone, any moment (and any creature).

Then why only 1 of my creatures did ever glitch?
I kept my pets for far more time than your average 7 years.
Aren't glitches random and unpredictable?
This glitch I saw was all but random: it'd always happen with the same creature.
And it wasn't unpredictable: my Tiger would auto-heal from 1 to 3 times per fight.

So don't call it a "glitch", because it isn't.
It's rather something a creature learns to do.
Either taught, or on her own. But she learns it.
And if she doesn't learn it, she doesn't glitch.

If you still believe in the glitch idea, then download and try the many creatures here on this website.
You'd expect them to glitch at some point. Correct?
And not only 1 or 2. But a good half of them. Or at least one third of the lot, to stay on the safe side.
Instead I say that none of them will glitch (except the creature I did upload).

Btw, I'm not challenging you.

If you don't like it, that's another matter. But do not resort to say that "I challenge you with my big-headed attitude" to justify your reaction. That's... cheap. Really.

Um, you are the one with the "big-headed" attitude here. How strange that you would decided to use the same term against me after I just said that about you. o_O

Easy there. You haven't demonstrated a thing.

Perhaps you should have quoted the part where I said I did? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't make that claim.

All you did was talk. And based on your talk you jumped to conclusion that my notion is absurd.

It's called logical theories. It is my belief that it is absurd to say that you can teach a creature to take advantage of a random glitch. You can go ahead and be illogical, if you want, but what would be the point? Where would it get you?

Really, you just started jumping on me because you disagreed with my theories. If you didn't like it, you could have just said so and explained why instead of accusing me of being a liar.

I too did a lot of talk. But I don't jump to conclusions.

Hell yeah, you do. You assumed I am some newbie like the people you supposedly talked to on the LH boards.

Then why only 1 of my creatures did ever glitch?

Are you serious? Did you think before you asked this?

How many creatures have you tried this with? I'm not going to go back and read previous posts, but I doubt you've had as many creatures as I have.

I kept my pets for far more time than your average 7 years.

Irrelevant, as the glitch can happen to a newborn.

Aren't glitches random and unpredictable?

Just because you can get it to happen more than once doesn't mean they aren't.

This glitch I saw was all but random: it'd always happen with the same creature.
And it wasn't unpredictable: my Tiger would auto-heal from 1 to 3 times per fight.

It is entirely possible that it is a glitch that happens with certain creatures more often than others.

So don't call it a "glitch", because it isn't.

Prove it. Seriously. I'd like to see you try instead of just making such pointless statements. None of the things you've said have proven that it isn't a glitch, while I've at least explained my theories as to why I think it is.

It's rather something a creature learns to do.
Either taught, or on her own. But she learns it.
And if she doesn't learn it, she doesn't glitch.

Here's an example where you don't provide proof. "People would participate to discussions, saying this and that, but when you asked for confirmations, proofs, or anything else, you'd always get vague responses and nothing tangible." applies to you, apparently.

Really, now, if it is something that can be learned, wouldn't more people have discovered it by now?

If you still believe in the glitch idea, then download and try the many creatures here on this website.
You'd expect them to glitch at some point. Correct?

Nope. I never said all creatures could experience the glitch. It's also not very likely to happen.

And not only 1 or 2. But a good half of them. Or at least one third of the lot, to stay on the safe side.
Instead I say that none of them will glitch (except the creature I did upload).

This really doesn't make any sense. Who ever said that it has to happen to a lot of creatures to be a glitch?

Btw, I'm not challenging you.

Lol, whatever you say, guy. If that weren't the case, you wouldn't have kept this going like this.

Why do you say that at the end of every post, by the way? Just to be extra annoying?  :suspect

I see what type you are.
Whatever I say, you'll find reasons to start arguing.
What part of my posts makes you feel threatened to a point that you need to reply like this?
I thought we were just discussing.

Sier said:
I really don't like to fight
Thank Goodness you said that! But look at your own posts.
So I cut this before anybody says bad things (if we ignore the "big-headed attitude" you addressed me twice, and the "extra annoying" too).

I have made my points. Your answers are not convincing.
If you aren't gonna read my previous posts, that's fine.
But then do not answer to what I say, because to understand you must actually read this thing from the start.

The "autohealing" is a matter of opinion and to let it get this stage means that more than one person here is reacting irrationally. I think it's better locked. 
Besides, this is way off topic.

U-77 said:
I see what type you are.
Whatever I say, you'll find reasons to start arguing.
What part of my posts makes you feel threatened to a point that you need to reply like this?

Thank Goodness you said that! But look at your own posts.
So I cut this before anybody says bad things (if we ignore the "big-headed attitude" you addressed me twice, and the "extra annoying" too).
I really don't like to fight
I have made my points. Your answers are not convincing.
If you aren't gonna read my previous posts, that's fine.
But then do not answer to what I say, because to understand you must actually read this thing from the start.

WOULD YOU OPEN YOUR EYES! O_O;;

You are the one fueling the fire, I know, I am too now with this post,

However, you are just reluctant to receive any cooperation.

Sier is trying to explain something, and what is your constant reply?

"No, you are wrong!"

In fancy writing, you are either in denial, or just refuse to accept it might possibly be at the slightest chance, a glitch.

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Sylcai , there's no need to jump in also.

At the request of the OP this topic is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back