B&W problem

MasterShazbot

I'm having trouble with B&W (not B&W2), and I think it has something to do with my video card driver. I've gotten B&W to work before (flawlessly) and I *think* it was with release 70 beta driver from Nvidia.

Ever since the first BattleField 2 drivers came out, whenever I played B&W, it was horribly choppy and riddled with artifacts. No driver since the release 70 (I'm not sure that was the driver, but it was a beta) has fixed this problem.

My specs: Windows XP Pro, Pentium4 2.4 GHz, 1 GB (512x2 DDR), and a PNY 5900 (AGP, 128MB) w/ 84.21.

I'm going to try the release 70 driver and see if that fixes the problem. I'll update my results soon (If it does work, that means I'm going to have to driver hop, and I don't want to stay with Nvidia if I have to do that).

Bingo, problem solved. Although this does mean I'll have to driver hop from now on to play B&W, unless Nvidia fixes this problem in the future.
Anyone know if ATI has solved this problem for the X800 / 850's (AGP)?

Hi.

I've never had problems with B&W using a variety of Radeon cards. I presently have an X850 Pro AGP and B&W runs and looks fine for me with the latest catalyst drivers..

Back