B&W on natal...

Gmen00

Immagine B&W 3 on natal...

If you dont know what is natal:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM[/youtube]

I'm familiar with Project Milo and Project Natal... The proposition of BW3 on it would be amazing!  Imagine!  No controllers, no buttons, just natural, seemless UI and gameplay.  However, I don't expect it to be out anytime soon.  Fable 3 is what Lionhead is focusing on now. 

I think Natal is just going to be like the Wii.  It will be interesting for a while, then go downhill fast.  But that's just what I think.  It may very well turn out different, especially seeing how Microsoft is endorsing it...  Now The Elder Scrolls V on Natal would definitely be something cool!

Has there been any more info on Project Natal since E3? I feel like a lot of stuff was announced at E3 and then no more news was announced. I swear some of these projects dropped off the face of the earth. I want my new DDR game for the 360, darn it!

Dance Dance Revolution. It's fun, don't give me that look! I know it's dorky, but I like it.  :D

Oh, now I know what it is.  The one time I had to chauffer my sister to the waterpark, I gave it a try.  And I kept picking the same song over and over again, just because it was easy to get stuck in my head.  Yes, dorky.  But really fun if you aren't overly self-conscious about the fact that you are dancing like a, well, dork in public.  That would be totally viable as a Natal game, in my opinion.

Hmm. Not sure I'm keen on this for gaming. That may be explained by the fact I'm not majorly into the Wii either. It lends itself to some new gaming concepts, but it's much harder to apply those back to older style games.

Elder scrolls would actually be a good example of this. For all the walking around you'd have to do, I imagine you'd get pretty tired before you reach the next quest.

I'll admit though that it isn't so clear cut for B&W as being somwhat unique in it's own game control concepts, it might be able to adapt better than other games.

Although it opens up a whole new library of gags if your mother walks into the living room and finds you petting your monkey (sorry, couldn't help myself :laugh2 ).

However the trump card I'd put on all this (for me at least) is that it's for the XBox. Now that I've had the opportunity to use all three of the current gen consoles, I can safely say that my own opinion is that the XBox is the worst of the three. The only thing that motivates me to play on it at all is the exclusive game content like Fable 2.

To put it politely, the console itself is a volumous heap of fecal matter :( .

I'm sure some of you disagree and that's ok, but it's the XBox itself that is the real turn-off for me on this. 

It figures now that PM is part of the Microsoft empire that he'd have the resources to continue with some of his innovative ideas. More than most games, this is something to which I think that the movements or motions used in B&W can be readily adapted. Just imagine reaching out to grab the landscape to move about. Or literally picking a villager up and throwing him or her about.

But will the idea fly and be popular. As a game consul, maybe. But I can also see this technology being implemented into PCs. Possibly eliminating mouse or touchscreen controllers.

To put it politely, the console itself is a volumous heap of fecal matter  .

I'm sure some of you disagree and that's ok, but it's the XBox itself that is the real turn-off for me on this

Maybe that's why they are practically giving them away now.

fenton_pat said:
However the trump card I'd put on all this (for me at least) is that it's for the XBox. Now that I've had the opportunity to use all three of the current gen consoles, I can safely say that my own opinion is that the XBox is the worst of the three. The only thing that motivates me to play on it at all is the exclusive game content like Fable 2.

To put it politely, the console itself is a volumous heap of fecal matter :( .

I'm sure some of you disagree and that's ok, but it's the XBox itself that is the real turn-off for me on this. 

*gasp* Fenton, how could you say such things? :;): I love my 360. The wii is fun for family stuff, but I've never liked the PS3 much and the 360 seems to have a lot more RPGs. Plus I like the achievement system. I'm weird though, so I respect your opinion. :D

I'm not too excited about project Natal though. Just seems like the new "thing" to do - motion sensing controllers, cameras, etc. Might be fun to try, but I can't see it being very adaptable for most games.

Aurora said:
*gasp* Fenton, how could you say such things? :;): I love my 360. The wii is fun for family stuff, but I've never liked the PS3 much and the 360 seems to have a lot more RPGs. Plus I like the achievement system. I'm weird though, so I respect your opinion. :D
Thanks Aurora. I'm not dissing the games you can get on the console. As I said, I've been using it to play Fable 2. It's the console itself I have issues with.

The menus are convoluted and take forever to find things in.

It's as noisy he'll.

I also read an article recently as to how the console is in a class of it's own when it comes to crashing forcing people to buy new consoles. If I remember correctly, both the Wii and the PS3 are under 10% for this kinda thing while the 360 is above 40%.

To get back on topic a little, I'm going to put the 360 aside and just discus the concept of full body control which is the aim of the project.

As kays said, it could well be adapted for PCs, but I still think that actual contollers will have a role to play for two reasons:

1.  As the Wii has shown, there is a market for motion-sensing controllers, however it's appearing as a novelty for now as most of us gamers remain lazy sods.
2.  Too many popular gameplay concepts are inextricably linked to complicated controllers. I have no doubt that new game control concepts (such as B&W) will come in to use the new technology, but for now at least, alot of people still like to button mash.

A bit late, but Gallop, I think you and I may be the only people that think of RAM before we think of Dance-Dance Revolution when we hear DDR. :D

Anyway, I am not familiar with this Natal, but it looks interesting.

That's the first time that I have seen Project Natal, and it looks interesting however that chat conversation just reminds me of Minority Report.
Gallop PS3 Move is pretty much the same as the Wii, while Natal seems to be a better version of Eye Toy.
Talking about gaming systems and their playing mechanism, Natal seems to be the worst.
For example your playing an RPG or any other game where you have to do a lot of walking , running, jumping, dogding etc. it will annoy people and distract them from it or it will might attract others to it, but there's still a great risk to it, besides it also depends of the games that will be released for Natal.
You don't want to play a carwashing or cooking game on Natal, PS3 Move or Wii or do you?
I'm worried that with the release of Natal and PS3 Move, Industries will just dump their low-effort-money games on  the PS3 and 360 like they did it with the Wii.
Haven't played B&W for a while but weren't you able to change the controlls of the game in the settings and since you could add the Wii remote to your PC with the right tools and programmes playing B&W with motion controlls might be possible.

Hey, that's true. When I finally get my own Wii, I might try. In the interim, I'm not gonna steal my friend's Wiimote.  :p

Talking of the Wiimote - this vid of using it for head-tracking to yield a 3D display is truly heroic - the guy who did it is a legend  :yes. Anyhows, it seems natal would capable of taking head-tracking in its stride without the need for any special apparel, and it might be fun (though only for one player at a time, obviously) to be able to play in 3D on ordinary TV sets and have full brightness, and to do without those ridiculous glasses  :blush

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw[/youtube]

Back