B&W CI on Windows 7?

Practical Submarine

How? I have the original game running fine now, but CI has the same issue B&W did where it does not start-up/the CD check is not compatible. Even with a CD crack it dosen't want to run.

EDIT: Yes, I've tried compatibility modes and running as an administrator, no results.

Have something in the works like the BW1 patch, should be out by the end of the month, I just haven't had time to do it recently.

i got a fix that works for me. just replace the creatureisle.exe in your ci directory with this cracked one http://www.mediafire.com/download/ylu304lu96n7i9n/CreatureIsle.exe
also put this file into your ci directory http://bawsite.com/ourfiles.html#afbawpatch
type "fix" 3 times into it. your graphics and drawdistance will be improved, and any add-on bugs will be fixed.
then just start the game in administrator mode.  it only works with cd for me. no-cd only with an iso.
(the game sometimes crashes for me at startup, around 20%-30%. if that happens, just start it again until it works. shouldn't be a problem)

woah woah woah, please no linking isos - that's illegal sorry. people will have to google and find it themselves.

Fixing compatibility issues is not illegal as far as I'm concerned. It's something you paid for and now can't use.

Not that'd it work for me, anyway, I tried it with some other game that had the same issue and it did not work either. The only true fix is a Steam or GOG release, or somebody cracking the .exe to work.

alright, i updated my earlier post. no iso in there, just a cracked creatureisle.exe .
it only works with a cd, for me atleast.

IDK, I'm still a bit skeptical =/  I remember waiting several hours for various torrents for another game that where supposed to fix the issue and they didn't. Some I had to buy twice, some I have never been able to fix to this day.

I'll give it a try tomorrow if I have time, if same thing happens dunno what to say.

it should work if you have a original cd and use the cracked .exe i linked. otherwise.. you would probably need an iso then

"You must have Black & White installed to play Creature Isle"

LOL, it is installed (off the CD, no less.) I keep getting bad luck with expansions not recognizing the original games. Stupid Windows 7.

huh. never happened to me before. i heard that it could happen if there are spacebars in the name of your game directory, no idea though

Well, it's still a slight improvement over what it was doing before e.g. not doing anything and/or instantly crashing. My game directory does have spaces in the name, so I'll give another try sometime.

try going to your registry (windows key + r -> regedit) and go to the following path

Windows 32 Bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E51B4CD9-A0A6-4324-B26A-31B3F2DE26CE}
Windows 64 Bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E51B4CD9-A0A6-4324-B26A-31B3F2DE26CE}

normally there is a string called "LogFile" in there. if you can't see that, make a new one by rightclicking -> new -> string.
that could fix your problem.

also, if that doesn't work, check if your runblack.exe in the normal b&w directory is actually called "runblack.exe". if it isn't, this could also be the error.

There's a logfile string under that line and the .exe is called "runblack.exe". There's no reason for it to be doing this, other than it doesn't like the cracked CI .exe file.

also, disable compatibility mode if you haven't done yet. my game also gives me that error message when i run it in compatibility mode.

? Both the base game and CI's .exe files don't have any compatibility modes active.

Learned that I'm not the only one with this recognization problem, it seems to be unfortunately common and without any clear solution =(

Back