Another "Black and White 2 core application has stopped working" thread

BlackBooty

Yep, it seems this problem is getting rather popular now.

I installed this game, put the 1.1 and 1.2 patches, played it and it was fine. I didn't notice anything wrong at all.

But then, at the third land, I noticed some black screens and flickers, it was so annoying, I didn't understand why it was doing that. I did the infamous "control+panel+supr" command and it seemed to..."Work" again, for a SHORT TIME. I tried my temperature indicators, nothing is overheating at all.

I thought it was Nvidia, it really must have been, but I'm not so sure, why? It kept saying "Display driver stopped responding and successfully recovered", so yeah. Tried modifying what I could on the Nvidia panel, and STILL flickers and give me black screens.

Now things got worse, I found out that, if I don't do that "C+P+S", my BW2 will crash and say "Black and White 2 core application has stopped working"

Can anyone please help me with this? I don't know why it happens, it's so annoying and, apparently, "unjust".

And yes, I did try "Run as admin" and "Compatibility mode with Windows XP or others" and such, NO FIX.

Also, something strange, it seems this didn't happen on land 1 and 2, but now IT DOES happen.

My computer specs;

OS = Windows 7 64-bit
Videocard = Nvidia 285 GTX
Processor = Intel Quad-core 2.66GHz Q8400
Ram = 4GB

EDIT: I think it's a "Registry Key" malfunction but I'm not so sure. Might even be my "Microsoft Security Essentials" anti-virus, but I doubt it and I'M NOT going to get another anti-virus.

I don't know if this even applies here, but, is it installed in a new "games" folder, and not program files?  ???
I remember something about that being something you should do.

AppleApe said:
I don't know if this even applies here, but, is it installed in a new "games" folder, and not program files?  ???
I remember something about that being something you should do.

Yep, it's on Program Files.

I apparently tried to install it on Games, but it seems I can't change the installation folder...

Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall B&W 2?

Willy said:
Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall B&W 2?

Of course.

I tried to do the option AppleApe gave, put it on Games instead of Program Files, but still happens...

Are your drivers up-to-date?  Sometimes an update will fix problems with the game.

GallopRider said:
Are your drivers up-to-date?  Sometimes an update will fix problems with the game.

I did update Nvidia to latest one which is 301 or so.

Back