Additional tribes

Frece

Hey there,
this question has already been asked before in a previous Post but I wanted to refresh the question since it was from 2012.

Is there a way to create (or adjust) an existing culture/tribe in the game?

I am a professional game artist, who is currently working on his own project: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1518650/Exodition
I'm creating everything all by myself (Models, Textures, Logic) and I really think that it would be something easy for me to replace all the Buildings of a certain tribe. Imagine having more tribes in BW. It would just be so amazing.
Though I am not strong with coding and moding this game and I wanted to ask if someone would be up for a little collab. I could create all nessessary 3D Models + Textures. But I would need someone to work with me on the implementation.
Does someone have experiences in this, or is it already possible to just replace the models?

Would be great if we could get something done =J

Kind regards
Frece

I guess it would be possible to replace the 3D models and textures of existing Tribes but creating a new one and having the game use it I dunno if that would work without editing the games .exe

The Indian and African tribe look exactly the same, it might be possible to replace one of them to add an additional tribe. Not sure if the game use the same files for both or different ones, I'm new to mod this game and only experimented with maps yet. But if it uses the same files, it might not be difficult to redirect one to different files by replacing paths in the executable. I did it with an older game to add extra landscape styles so it's not impossible but it depends on the game. Those who worked with the executable already might know the answer.

@Dezsike how can I reach out to them? And yes, replacing the african village could be a solution. If you carry on modding on the game and make more experiences in replacing these villages, let me know. You have a modeler.

Back