A New Cuture? Is it Possible?

Jack

Hey, i wanted to ask any modders or skinners if it is in fact possible to implement a new tribe into the game. Something along the lines of bringing a roman culture, a Middle Eastern culture, etc. into the game.

I myself don't know...
Maybe try Kratzean, if no one else can tell you.  :)

Ok. :) thanks for replay! uhhh. Any idea how i could contact him?

You can PM him on his profile:

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=829

It's possible, to replace a culture, because the Africa-Culture is the same as the Egyptian-culture, so that you can replaye one of this. The problem is, that you need new buildings für a new culture, who are saved in the AllMeshes.g3d file as l3d-models.

The first prlbem is, that no Programm for the l3d-models can save the textures correctly, so that the game can crash, or the objects are invisible.

The second problem is, that when you want to add new objects for your new culture to CI, that the extractor/compiler for the CI-Version of the AllMeshes.g3d file is buggy and doesn't work.

thanks for replying, so it seems that it is rather impossible to add new textures to a building, or entire new models to be introduced into the game with out it crashing or the buildings don't appear like you said. I wonder if there could be a custom program that would work but that's an entire new subject and level of depth.

yes a new creature is possible... in fact there is unused creatures in game 'see program filles, lionhead, data, spells, anim, tree goodess...'

but you will need to replace an exsisting creature, but i'm working on making a creature go form tiger to dragon using allingment.

i will try to post my ameliorated female tiger, it works "thanks milkshape".

The tree goddess is just an avatar that was going to be used for the forest miracle so it isn't usable as a creature unfortunately, and he was talking about new races like, perhaps, Persians or Chinese.

using milkshape you can give it a normal seliton like the ape skeliton and then do variations to make good evil stong ect...

The tree goddess is just an avatar that was going to be used for the forest miracle so it isn't usable as a creature unfortunately, and he was talking about new races like, perhaps, Persians or Chinese.
Is there an image of her? I need to check the files more, sounds like they cut a lot of neat stuff.

Is there an image of her?
Tree Godess 1.PNGTree Godess 2.PNGTree Godess 3.PNG
To get these I copied Tree_Goddess_Boned.L3D from \Black & White\Data\Spells\Anims to \Black & White\Data\CreatureMesh; then renamed C_Lion_base.l3d to C_Lion_base2.l3d and renamed Tree_Goddess_Boned.L3D to C_Lion_base.l3d. There is no animation and if you try to activate the first scroll for the Creature Guide it will start the conversation and eventually wait infinity. Presumably for Creature Guide to move (which wont happen). I guess it could be made to work if someone were to put in the time to animate her.

Back