A Mapping Tutorial

Very nice Tutorial you have there. How do you get the program to make all this?  :)

Edit:
:fixed :angel

Love your work Kays  :devil

Sorry for got the R in you  :banghead

I like this tutorial. It was very helpful for me whenever I made my own map. Wish I could show you guys.

Kays said:
That's the BW2 Landcsape Editor. It's a part of the BW2 moding tools.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=798

Where's that section? where's the file?

Also... how do you find coordinates for building placement.

forget I said anything about not finding the file, I just found it.

But my second question still remains. (but for how long?)

how do you find coordinates for building placement.

I am not exactly sure what it is that you are attempting to accomplish here. But I will assume that you want to know the coordinates of a building or object using the landscape editor.

There are a few ways to do this:
1. The cursor
Move your cursor over top of the object or location you want to know the coordinates of and look at the bottom right hand side of the editor. Those numbers are the location of your cursor on the land. You will need to write them down somewhere.
CqpDxyj.png

Another thing you can do is have the editor display the cursor coordinates. You must enable this by going to the menu item "Settings" and select the "Show cursor coordinates" and this will display the location of your cursor right next to your cursor.
Ymgj9tY.png

2. Measuring Tool
In the tool bar there is a button which looks like a ruler, it's next to the nav ribbon button, if you select that then the measuring tool dialog box will appear this will allow you to find points coordinates, measure lines, circles, and boxes.

Hopefully this answers your question.

-Willy

First of, thank you Willy for all the help you have given me. :)

Second, I kinda already figured it out. I thought placing buildings would be hard, but this is a breeze (excluding a few crashes).

Back