A few Questions

KongoOtto

Hello,

first its great to see that there is still a Black & White community  :woot

I've installed Black and White with this guide BW1 on Windows 7/8/10.

Currently i'm in Land 1 and using Kays's Training Map to train my little fellow, also i use Kong to view the stats of him.

In terms of Reward and Punishment i try to make it more nuanced. 10% for eating the right stuff and drinking , 20 % for dancing and playing, 30-40% for casting wonders. -20% for throwing a villager and -100%  for eating one.

Also he takes a dump on trees and stones and sometimes at the store which i think its fatal later on when he making BIG sh*t. So i slap him about 20%. His body fat is pretty low so he is eating a lot off animals :devil:

I got a few questions regarding the gameplay / ingame mechanics:

1. Should my villagers be left alone ? A few years ago i've read that they shouldn't be given any jobs (breeders beeing the exception).

2. My :angel: cow is very friedly towards the villagers, when i stick him to the food desire flag. Although he casts food for the store he also collect grain from he field/animals an throws it to the store which is not so effective. How do i motivate him to cast food ? Doesn't slapping him for throwing food demotivate him helping the villagers? I try to rewad him for casting and ignore him for throwing stuff.

I haven't tried wood yet, but i think it can causes the same problems. Throwing trees into the store instead of casting wood.

3. When left alone my cow is spending his time eating mostly fish and other animals including other cows (that canibalistic monster :shocked:) and drinking. From time to time he is casting food or heal the villagers, also he dances a lot and playing with his beach ball :blush:

Should i reward him for every action or could i let him free roam ?

4. Is skipping basic wonders and directly learning advanced wonders really good for my creature?

Hello!

Welcome to this fluffy place. :)

1. You probably read the same guide as I have.
Yeah, as long as you have a couple of breeders you should be fine.
Villagers are quite good at assigning roles themselves and maintaining their town in general.
However, you don't see that often due to how overpowered huge wonders can be.
You will swim in food and wood because the game gives you the norse tribe three out of four times (I'm not counting the first land).

2 & 3. I'm not sure about that.
Perhaps all these actions are connected to being friendly so rewarding him for doing something nice automatically adds to everything else.
There is a neat trick if you want your creature to only cast the food miracle.
Once he has casted it, reward him. He'll cast it again then. Repeat until he is too tired.

4. I have never really tested it in detail but I know creatures tend to cast the basic miracles.
Whenever I tried to teach him the advanced ones he picked up the basic ones anyway from somewhere.
That resulted in him failing because he tried to cast the basic version instead of the advanced one.

Back