1.4 Patch crashes game?

Frog_Mages

I heard about the game and decided to download it from My Abandonware. Once set up, I noticed it could do with some better textures or widescreen, so I stumbled upon this forum, and the 1.4 patch. Unfortunately, when I run the game with it, I only make it past the Lionhead and B&W logos; the loading screen with the screenshot doesn't last for more than a few seconds without crashing. I am using the default cracked EXE file that came with the ISO, and I have also tried all three of the NoCD cracked EXEs from My Abandonware with similar results. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. :angel

:fixed UPDATE! :fixed

I followed the advice of the two amazing users below this message. Just needed to uninstall B&W, delete the InstallShield file "iKernel" to fix an install error, reinstall the game, install patches 1.10 and 1.20, THEN install the 1.41 Fan Patch. If you're having the same issue, just follow this tutorial >> https://www.bwfiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=7916.0 <<

Guessing your on Windows 10?
Id uninstall all that and start fresh.
Then you'd may want to do is delete the installshield in your program folder x86. (the folder will be hidden. Sometimes it'll block your next install like it did for me. Not sure why. Maybe need to get rid of some keys but not sure how to explain that and hope you can skip that part XD.

All you need is the IOS or your own cd. run it as admin and install your game.
Before you launch your game, download patches from here. Gunna need 1.10 1.20 and 1.41 fan patch. Skip patch 1.3 something. Not gunna need that unless you have the P5 Glove. You can't just do 1.4, get those three patches one by one starting with 1.10

With all that, you shouldn't need a crack and game should run smooth without it and can download creature unlocker and addons for more stuff for your game.

Now with CI is different story and I can't seem to get the textures smoothed out, but do hope someday someone can make a fan patch for us.

Hope that helps you bud.

Bump :sorry

Also, while I have some attention, where do I find a creature unlocker? I noticed there are some creatures that are not in the game normally and ideally I would like to have as many as I can, if not all, of the creatures that don't break the game (too much at least.)

:fixed Update! :fixed

Just install the 1.4.2 patch from the Discord (Or wherever else it can be found) and if you get an error stating the game files can't be accessed for writing (Or something along those lines) simply restart your PC.

I'd stick with the patches that are on here bud. You should be able to run the game just fine with those. 1.10, 1.20, (remember skip 1.30 unless you have a p5 glove) and fan patch 1.41. With those three patches it works great on my windows 10. Only problem i had on the base game was just one silver scroll the crashed me on land 4. No big deal though.

When it comes to unlock other creatures. Just download the creature off this site. Go under files, then find creature unlocker (under B&W 1), go through and click on each creature then download. You'll find mandrill (the baboon) (my fav till i'd found my polar bear) , the leopard, the horse, and the gorilla. Once you download those, you'll find them on the first land when you start the game and after you'd picked your first creature then you'll search and find a silver scroll. It'll tell you if you want to to trade creatures.

I'd stick to here if have problems with your game. I had best luck getting my game going then anywhere else. I'm pretty new here and some active people that'll float around to help out when there not busy. Maybe if it's possible some that multiplayer been seeing. Do want to know if thats still a thing. Have some fun and learn a thing or two.

Importantly, just be patient. There also plenty of forums here that might spark ideas to get your game going or may help someone elses thats having problems. Love the mods here, little bit of new stuff to play with once everything is said and done when get your game going (kinda take it easy on that lol.).

I'll be around and bet 6 asses monkey be here too to help out XD. love the name monkey lol.

Back