Black & White Unofficial Patch v1.42

Black & White Unofficial Patch v1.42 1.42

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt submitted a new resource:

Black & White Unofficial Patch v1.42 - Fixes the original game to run on Windows 10 and much much more.

Before installing this please install both patches v1.10 and v1.20. Do NOT install v1.30.

For more in depth help on installing and running the game please visit this thread: https://forum.bwgame.net/threads/running-black-white-on-windows-10.7916/

The patch does the following:
  1. Fixed game not running on Windows 7, 8, 10 due to Safedisc DRM.
  2. Fixed game crashing at resolutions higher then 1080p or on high DPI displays.
  3. Fixed low resolution textures and...

Read more about this resource...

the link does not work for me either, I just got this game after playing the second one for a while. Hopefully somehow it can be worked out....

Download seems to be working fine for me and some others, what browsers are you guys using? Are you sure some firewall isn't getting in the way?

Download seems to be working fine for me and some others, what browsers are you guys using? Are you sure some firewall isn't getting in the way?
Worked fine for me. Magnificent work.
Please, mister, petrol Creature Isle patch. Mister, please...

Download and installs fine. Though I have found it doesnt allow pressing both mouse buttons to rotate and tilt, as in the original game.

Works great for me except for a few things. Certain profile data is not saved. Player alignment and player settings such as whether to autosave and godly symbol are not saved. All settings reset to default shortly after trying to change them and alignment resets to perfectly neutral after reloading any save file

Works great for me except for a few things. Certain profile data is not saved. Player alignment and player settings such as whether to autosave and godly symbol are not saved. All settings reset to default shortly after trying to change them and alignment resets to perfectly neutral after reloading any save file
Found out what the problem was. Nothing to do with the patch since the original no cd unpatched version had the same problem. Had something to do with the profile saving improperly (THANKS WINDOWS 10!!). When I uninstalled from the root of drive C: and reinstalled on my external drive the problem went away just like that.

Whenever I try to run runblack.exe with this update, windows changes my desktop color scheme to "basic" because "a running program isn't compatible with certain visual elements of windows," then the firewall prevents parts of the program from running and soon after the loading screens are done I get a message that "lh has stopped working" and it crashes. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Im having an issue, the game always loads up and has the checkboxes asking me "start new, load at creature select, past tutorial, or skip first island" but i cant save the game, or pick up from where i left off.

Ive tried on 2 different computers now too just to be sure. same problem and it follows the 1.42 patch also. if i stop at 1.2, it lets me load from my save points. Any ideas?

My game is crashing in the vortex on the way to the final island. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Back