Resource icon

G3D Tool Set 1.0.0

G3dTools readme g3dEx V 1.00 - For extracting meshes and textures from AllMeshes.g3dmkG3D V 1.00 - For linking meshes and textures to form AllMeshes.g3dThis is not an update to "G3DTool". These have been re-programmed form scratch in c++ where as G3DTool used Visual Basic.These new tools fully extract and compile g3d files and until G3DTool support low res textures as well.==== textures.txt =====This file contains the number of high res textures in the file, and number of low-res textures (the number must be the same).==== standardmesh.txt =====The first line of this file is the number of meshes - lets call it x.After this line there are x entries each a containing the mesh name to be opened when compiling the g3d file.The tools should be very self-explanatory but here's a rough guide of what you need todo to get them working.First go to your Black & White Data folder and copy out the file "AllMeshes.g3d". The default directory for this is:C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\DataPaste the AllMeshes.g3d file into a temporary 'working' folder along with the tools included in this zip file. Then run the program "g3dEx.exe". Once the program closes the meshes and textures will have been extracted to the \meshes and \textures folders.I'm not going to explain how to edit the l3d meshes but I will say I havent managed to edit them successfully using the l3d plugin for Milkshape.The textures extracted are in DDS format saved as DXT1 and DXT3. To edit these you can download this toolkit form nVidia which contains plugisn for Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro as well as a command line utility to convert the dds textures to TGA then back again.Downlaod the toolkit here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/ps_texture_compression_plugin.html
Author
lenny
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back